Programing Timers to be viewed by C-more HMI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programing Timers to be viewed by C-more HMI

So I have advance programing skills but I am no means an expert and I'm the only one in my shop that deals with PLCs so I figured someone could help me out. We are trying to come into the the digital age at my shop. Now I can program most of the thing we are upgrading without any major problems. But now we want to add HMI screens to make it easier to make adjustments without having to call me to bring the laptop over to make the changes internal and view the timers. that being said what to I have make different on my programs to be able to view it on the C More hmi screen?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by alchemist562; 03-20-2017, 12:32 PM.

You'll have to assign the timer presets to a V register, if you're using static presets. Then set up a numeric entry object on the HMI pointing to each timer (that you want to adjust).

Comment

Scott, i tried doing that but they always default to "TA#". is there a different Timer i should be using? I'm using "TMR" Timers.

Comment

The TA is timer accumulated. When setting it up in the HMI, you need to set the tag to point to a V register, not a timer.

Comment

I am at a loss to which PLC(s) you are using.

Comment

Ok. Thanks! ill give it a try!

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
              I am at a loss to which PLC(s) you are using.
              Sorry, I should have said that. I'm using a direcLogicDL06

Comment

Yeah, say you want to put the setpoint in V2000. Then set the HMI up to write to V2000, in BCD, with one or two implied decimals, depending on whether it's a TMR (0.1s timebase) or a TMRF (0.01s timebase). Then just enter "V2000" instead of "K20" or whatever, as the timer setpoint.

Another factor to be aware of when you switch from hard coded values in the program to operator-entered ones is range-checking. If the value could cause the machine to run poorly or not at all, or to break, you should prevent the operator from entering that value. Most HMI's will let you limit the allowable input values, but I feel safer doing the range checking in the PLC (though usually set the same limits in the HMI just to be belt and suspenders about it). If you do it only in the PLC, make sure the HMI is configured to read back the setpoint value in real time, rather than just displaying what was last entered, or you could get a discrepancy.

Comment

Originally posted by ControlsGuy View Post

Another factor to be aware of when you switch from hard coded values in the program to operator-entered ones is range-checking. If the value could cause the machine to run poorly or not at all, or to break, you should prevent the operator from entering that value. Most HMI's will let you limit the allowable input values, but I feel safer doing the range checking in the PLC (though usually set the same limits in the HMI just to be belt and suspenders about it). If you do it only in the PLC, make sure the HMI is configured to read back the setpoint value in real time, rather than just displaying what was last entered, or you could get a discrepancy.
                  Thanks. Another question, how would I get it to display the actual time and the setpoint time? would i need to ad a different timer with another "v" register??? I hate to ask what seems like simple questions but some of this is new to me.

Comment

This is what I'm trying to accomplish basicly:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cavity Air.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	105228

Comment

That's where the TAnn (Timer Accumulator) variables come in. The 06 uses V0-V377 to store the accumulator value for T0-T377, in fact if you type "V0" in DirectSoft, it automagically changes it to "TA0". Some HMI's don't know this, and sometimes you need to address V0 to get TA0, but that's not the case with the HMI you're using. Just point the time accumulated value to TA0. If you want a time remaining display, you'll have to subtract TA0 from the V holding the setpoint. I think there is a down-counting timer also that might work without having to do the subtraction and burn another register.

Comment

Thanks ControlsGuy! this has helped alot!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X