• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to reset an output off delay timer is running

I'm new -- second Click Project
    dropbox links below
    Section 4 works as it is supposed to. but doesn't have a timer

Basically what I'm trying to do is if no input occurs for 10 seconds (2 minutes in the final configuration ) then all outputs are reset
    The way the Section 4 program works only one output is set at a time so in reality I only need to be able to reset the one output that is set.

What I'm trying to do in Section 4.1 is to have Y4 reset after 10 seconds OR if X3, X2 or X1 are closed.
    I did get an off delay timer to work (that took me a while), on a single output but I can't figure out how to reset the Output when another sensor is activated. Y4 doesn't reset until the timer is complete.
    I know it is reading the other (prox) sensors because they do set their respective outputs when activated

It would also work to have a single global timer.
    I just noticed the Interrupt but have no idea what it does.

Can you get me going in the right direction??

Thanks
    Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tngej3ims...ection%204.ckp
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fyqtezgkd...tion%204.1.ckp

You need 9 rungs ... 4 to set the outputs, 1 timer, 4 to reset the outputs. Try the attachment.

Sorry - In attachment - rung 9 - should be a ReSeT of Y4 not an OUT
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bcarlton; 11-23-2013, 11:00 AM.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Thanks

Thanks very much

That worked with a little minor rewiring
      My x1 and x4 input sensors had to be swapped and my Y4 became Y1 (I originally wasn't using y1)

It does have a dead spot between the prox sensors
      Never mind.

When I moved my sensors further apart and the fields weren't overlapping it worked perfect. Everything happens right in the middle of the sensors

Thanks again.

If you have the time would you look over the rung comments in the attached zip Pretty sure this is how it works and writing it all down helped me to understand it.
      Attached Files

Comment

The comments look good.

An important point is - did the order and construction of the rungs aid in understanding the flow of the process? Do you think that, along with the comments, it will make this obvious to future users of this program (including a 'future you')? If so then the comments and layout have done what they need to do. There are many ways to write the program which would achieve the desired outputs but the style is also important for understanding.
        thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Programming

Yes it did help and it helped even more that I had to figure out the rungs myself. I learned a lot from that little program.

I would like to learn more but this is my 2nd project and my first was 6 mos ago so it's not like I get to practice.
          Are there any online reference sites that I could use to help me along --besides this one. I'm big on researching things and learning on my own.
          On this project for instance I couldn't find anyplace that explained what an AND rung or an OR rung looks like or how it works.
          I basically wrote the small program with no timer in a couple of hours and then spent a whole day (probably tried 50 different ways) trying to figure out the timer thing and AND/OR without any real success.
          I assume what I was trying to do would have worked with an Off delay timer as well and that seemed the logical thing to use to me

Thanks again for your help

Mike

Comment

This free PLC tutorial series may help. The adressing and nomenclature is more like Allen Bradley but the basic concepts are the same. Give it a try.
            thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

I did get an off delay timer to work (that took me a while), on a single output but I can't figure out how to reset the Output when another sensor is activated. Y4 doesn't reset until the timer is complete.
              Become photoshop expert with 350-029 dumps training course. Get the latest ICMA tutorials and The University of Tokyo design guide to learn about different web applications.

Comment

Working...
              X