May be mistake with Click purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be mistake with Click purchase

I had phoned for info about the click PLC. I explained the problem and the fellow said that the click would do it. I do not see an alternating relay in the types. Maybe there is another way? I am trying to alternate two pumps (flip flop). I would normally just use a mechanical latching relay but maybe I messed up with my decision. I created a circuit that allows 3 floats to control the two pumps but I can not get lead pump to switch on next activation. Is it possible with the click???

If you wish zip and post your program. I'm sure this is possible.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Thanks for the come back. As I said I thought it would be easy to do with a PLC what I wanted. Unfortunately with no alternating or flip flop relay option I am at a loss. The following is the start of the program. It basically does everything I want (times are just for setting up purposes) except be able to start on the opposite pump each time. Even an idea of how to accomplish with the options of the click would be greatly appreciated. Ken Pumps.zip
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kjstap; 03-18-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Just search "plc flip flop ladder" in google. Lots of examples of simple logic that can be used in the Click plc,

Comment

Here's an image for a Do-more. Just change addresses to match Click.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flip-Flop-PLC-Circuit-1.png
Views:	237
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	121340
          Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

I looked at the code. It is not obvious what you are trying to achieve without knowing the order of actuation of inputs. Follow the advice on flip/flop logic and/or re post with a more detailed explanation. Comments in the code would help also.
            thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Sorry to me it was such a simple circuit I did not put notes. I was too arrogant to think I might need help to accomplish my objective The circuit wars perfectly as laid out The first pump activates the circuit and allows the pump to stay on a little longer than the float. The second float activates the pump. The final float will activate is the first pump can not keep up. The final timer will activate the alarm if after the set point the pumps have not done their job.
              My problem is that I want to alternate the two pumps to give them both a shared use.
              There is no flip flop setting with click that I understand I do apologize for my labeling ignorance On a job I label label label. This one is for home so I was lazy lazy lazy.

Comment

OK, here is my modification of your program. Added rungs 10 and 11 implement the flip flop. the bit C6 sets which pump turns on first. It seemed that T1 turning off signals the end of a pumping session and a logical place to do the switch.

Rungs 6 and 7 have been modified to take this in to account. If Flop Run (C2) is on both pumps run regardless of the 'lead' state.

Note that the actual file in the zip is still named 'Ken Pumps' so be careful not to overwrite your original file.

I also suggest you rename C1 and C2 to 'Run Lead' and 'Run Both' respectively for easier readability.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bcarlton; 03-18-2019, 02:42 PM.
                thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Thank you so much Bcarlton. On one hand I hate you because you proved how stupid I am but Love you for the same thing. I can not believe I was so close. I think the terminology was just blowing my mind. On one hand I believed it should be so simple but as I was looking on the net that showed basically the same terminology that I am used to with other makes and comparing it to the conventional relays etc and then not seeing it anywhere with the Click - I just confused myself. Thank you so much for for proving me right (it should be easy) and for waking me up! I have more to do with this circuit but the flip flop was the only challenge! WELL! Now I know the "PLCguy" Best wishes!!

Comment

Glad I could help. Just trying to pass on over 35 years of playing with these things and getting paid for it!
                    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Another approach that would probably be more easily extended to more than two alternating resources would be to use a counter or add one to a register every time you need to energize one. The counter should recycle when it advances from Nresource - 1, so in your case 0-1-0-1 and so on. If you had three pumps it would be 0-1-2-0-1-2, etc. For some reason I seem to remember when you alternate, you want to trigger it off the last unit turned off rather than the last one turned on, can't remember why. Also, if you're motoring along for a long time on one pump, you could arbitrarily switch. Then I tend to resist perfectly leveling the run time because that might make the pumps break near the same time. I'd let one build up a differential in run hours, then keep them running equally after that.

Finally, as a general rule, I don't like to try to find a PLC that has an instruction that will do the task exactly per se, rather picking one that gives the most flexible, powerful programming, without regard to the specific task, and only then consider what kinds of tasks various PLCs are good at.

Comment

Couldn’t check on your zip file.
                        i guess you use 3 level switches:
                        when level is high, start main pump
                        when level is median, stop main pump and start auxiliary pump
                        When level is low, stop aux pump
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	EC8DB747-883A-4BE2-B60B-21F7C7A32A14.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	122105
                        first, not sure if this is what you want. But if it is, is piece of cake on click plc.
                        if I were to do it, I would not use set and reset because it means is poor programming practice. Anything a set/reset does, can be done with momentary energize/deenergize.

anyway, is a long shot but there it is:
                        Last edited by Alexandru; 04-16-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X