DL05 EEPROM memory save and retrieval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL05 EEPROM memory save and retrieval

I have a DL05 running a dehumidifying dryer. What I have is several configurable parameters that control the dryer and I want to be able to save these to the permanent memory when a save button is pressed. Then when you power up on first scan, these saved values are then read into the appropriate memory locations.
    Am I thinking of this correctly:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Move instruction.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	125116

That should work.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

The above code does indeed move the V2000 data to the V7400 memory location. However, I power cycle the PLC and the V7400 locations are all zero again. I adjust the V2000 location values, press the save button and can see the V7400 values change. I watch this in data view. I even took out any logic that reads these locations back. I figured that the save should write these values and even if I never read them back, the values should be in the EEPROM?

Comment

The problem is that the MOVEFOR uses a number of LD/OUT operations to transfer the values. Export your program with 'the 'Expand I-Boxes' option checked then review the resultant mnemonics. The writing to EEPROM must use the MOV command. Use the MOVRANGE I-Box instead.

Or use the following three instructions:

LD kd (this loads the HEX value of 13)
        LDA O2000 (this loads a hex/binary version of the address of the V2000 V memory)
        MOV V7400
        Last edited by bcarlton; 09-26-2019, 09:04 AM. Reason: Include mentioning MOVRANGE
        thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlton View Post
          The problem is that the MOVEFOR uses a number of LD/OUT operations to transfer the values. Export your program with 'the 'Expand I-Boxes' option checked then review the resultant mnemonics. The writing to EEPROM must use the MOV command. Use the MOVRANGE I-Box instead.

Or use the following three instructions:

LD kd (this loads the HEX value of 13)
          LDA O2000 (this loads a hex/binary version of the address of the V2000 V memory)
          MOV V7400
          I will try this. Will be next week as I am not in the facility this week.

Comment

Just to be clear, the first three sentences just state my supposition of the problem and how I confirmed it. So you don't need to repeat that unless you want to.

Just use either the MOVRANGE command or the three instructions following, which are basically what the MOVRANGE does anyway.
            thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

I used the MOVRANGE command and it works as expected. I can write to the EEPROM. Then every subsequent power up reads these values. The maintenance screen is password protected so only select individuals can access these parameters and perform a save that updates the EEPROM.
              Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X