No announcement yet.

Example Click PID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I kinda follow what you are saying but my issue is I`m very new to this I have no idea where to start with the numbers for example I need to put in a value for df8 df5 and so on I have no experience as to where to start.

Comment

OK I changed all the addresses df101-114 then went back changed df101 becomes my df1 input, then df104 changed to my df3 output. So do I do a copy command to 108,105,106,107,and 109. Thanks very much I`m under the gun here.

Comment

If you have changed the tags in the PID program from DF1-DF14 to DF101-DF114 and copied the lines of code to your new program, then utilize the tags in the same manner in your program.

Old DF1 - New DF101 - Process Variable
        Old DF2 - New DF102 - Setpoint
        Old DF3 - New DF103 - Error
        Old DF4 - New DF104 - Control variable
        Old DF5 - New DF105 - Current Integrator
        Old DF6 - New DF106 - Int Max
        Old DF7 - New DF107 - Int Min
        Old DF8 - New DF108 - Proportional Gain
        Old DF9 - New DF109 - Integral Gain
        Old DF10 - New DF110 - Derivative Gain
        Old DF11 - New DF111 - Proportional Term
        Old DF12 - New DF112 - Integral term
        Old DF13 - New DF113 - Derivative Term
        Old DF14 - New DF114 - Current Derivative

Comment

Ok I have it working heres what I finally had different
          df1 = process v
          df115= set point
          df3 = control variable

I copied
          df108=5
          df105=2
          df107=4
          df109=2
          I scaled the output df3 7-700
          I have some hardware issues solenilds stuck working them out now. Looks like she might work at least as I move set point around it appearslike it will work. Hey many Thanks to you and especially to B Carlton for the sharing of his hard work. I will plan to do same for next guy if Im capable. Thanks again everyone.

Comment

OK I`m controlling pretty good at top set point 225 hit 225 then drop to 175 back to 225 what numbers should I change to increase my lower area of error. Thanks guess I will play with them.

Comment

In my experience with PID in heating, the "D" is not necessary. Not sure what value it should be to have no effect. My experience with PID is with the P2K. from its help file:

Derivative (rate) time:
              In many cases this parameter is not required to achieve stable Loop operation and is highly sensitive to noise in the Error Term. This value is directly Proportional to the control effect, meaning that the higher the Derivative Term setting, the quicker the Error will be removed.
              Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
              X