X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM78
    started a topic Timers Click PLC

Timers Click PLC

I have searched and read but i have about given up. Im new to PLC's been using them for years just never programmed them.
    I have a simple setup that i cant make work right.

I have 2 Thermocouples both reading air temps. DF1 & DF2
    When a 3 way switch is set to Auto (input X1) i want the fans (output Y1) to run for 1 hour and then
    read the thm and if DF1>DF2 drop the coil if DF1<DF2 keep the coil until DF1<=DF2.
    Then i would like this process to repeat every day @ 8PM or 20:00 PLC time.

X1 Auto
    X2 OFF
    X3 ON

Any direction would be Great im getting frustrated with these timers....
    Thanks!

CPU-11ARE-D
    I/O - CO-04THM

• andremholmes
    replied
    You need to use a reset, if C1 is set to start the program then at the end C1 needs to reset for the program to end.

Leave a comment:

• JCM78
    replied
    How about this one... I cant figure it out. I just want to stop and start again when to door opens. it just keeps looping
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• winterrossi
    replied
    Originally posted by kewakl View Post
    Your example will run the fan for THE COMPLETE 20:00 HOUR - IF and ONLY IF... The switch is ALREADY in the AUTO POSITION WHEN HOUR 20:00 rolls around - AND if DF1 > DF2 after HOUR 20:00 expires.

If HOUR 20:00 is ALREADY ELAPSING when the switch is MOVED to the AUTO position, the fan will run for the REMAINDER of the HOUR 20:00 (and until DF1 > DF2).
    You CANNOT GUARANTEE the FULL 60 minutes.

I think that OP has not defined fully what is required. He keeps saying RUN THE FAN IF IN AUTO AT THE 20:00 HOUR. I have hinted TWICE for clarification on this.
    The MODE switch can be placed in AUTO before the 20:00 hour or can be placed in AUTO __DURING__ the 20:00 hour.
    If the MODE switch is placed in AUTO __DURING THE 20:00 HOUR__ , he is losing fan run-time.

I don't know what the fan is doing (other than moving air?) but it may be an evaporator cooling fan.
    It may be on an environment chamber with MIL SPEC logging required.
    It may be a porta-potty exhaust fan.
    I DON'T KNOW.

I'm being a bit knit-picky, I know, but working with an incomplete spec sheet will always force a programmer to make assumptions.
    Mine will start the fan any time during the 20 hour if the auto switch is turned on. It will keep the fan on as long as DF1<DF2. I was programming exactly what the OP asked for. I know there are a lot of "what ifs" when it comes to programming. I'm one who tries to make a machine idiot proof when I program it. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it makes a mess.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Your example will run the fan for THE COMPLETE 20:00 HOUR - IF and ONLY IF... The switch is ALREADY in the AUTO POSITION WHEN HOUR 20:00 rolls around - AND if DF1 > DF2 after HOUR 20:00 expires.

If HOUR 20:00 is ALREADY ELAPSING when the switch is MOVED to the AUTO position, the fan will run for the REMAINDER of the HOUR 20:00 (and until DF1 > DF2).
    You CANNOT GUARANTEE the FULL 60 minutes.

I think that OP has not defined fully what is required. He keeps saying RUN THE FAN IF IN AUTO AT THE 20:00 HOUR. I have hinted TWICE for clarification on this.
    The MODE switch can be placed in AUTO before the 20:00 hour or can be placed in AUTO __DURING__ the 20:00 hour.
    If the MODE switch is placed in AUTO __DURING THE 20:00 HOUR__ , he is losing fan run-time.

I don't know what the fan is doing (other than moving air?) but it may be an evaporator cooling fan.
    It may be on an environment chamber with MIL SPEC logging required.
    It may be a porta-potty exhaust fan.
    I DON'T KNOW.

I'm being a bit knit-picky, I know, but working with an incomplete spec sheet will always force a programmer to make assumptions.
    Last edited by kewakl; 09-29-2016, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• winterrossi
    replied
    Originally posted by JCM78 View Post
    Thanks for helping me so far i have already learned alot. When in auto i want fans to run for an hour at hr 20 then start comparing df1>=df2.
    That's what mine will do, nothing more, nothing less.

Leave a comment:

• JCM78
    replied
    Thanks for helping me so far i have already learned alot. When in auto i want fans to run for an hour at hr 20 then start comparing df1>=df2.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Originally posted by winterrossi View Post
    How about something like:
    ___________________________x1__________ hour__20________________________ y1
    -----------------------------------------||---------------------|=|--------------------------------------(set)

_______________________DF1__ DF2_______ hour__ 20_______________________ y1
    ---------------------------------------|>|---------------------|\=|-------------------------------------(rst)
    So far, the shortest, if we AREN'T REQUIRED to maintain the FAN ON for one hour "when " X1 is moved to the AUTO position.

I had issues understanding the first post (somewhere around the "read the thm and if DF1>DF2 drop the coil if DF1<DF2 keep the coil until DF1<=DF2" area)
    I went full bore on trying to read into the OPs statement. In my post, if X1 is set to AUTO at any time (IF C11 IS ON) then we will get the full hour of FAN ON.
    If we remove SD25 and SD26 from the branch under C11, then we can select AUTO mode at any time during the 20:00 hour and get the *maybe requisite) one hour FAN ON.
    Once again, coding while confused

Leave a comment:

• winterrossi
    replied
    How about something like:
    ___________________________x1__________ hour__20________________________ y1
    -----------------------------------------||---------------------|=|--------------------------------------(set)

_______________________DF1__ DF2_______ hour__ 20_______________________ y1
    ---------------------------------------|>|---------------------|\=|-------------------------------------(rst)
    Last edited by winterrossi; 09-27-2016, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JCM78
    replied
    How about something like this? Not sure if it will start over the next day or not...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	34
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	102817

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    I wish there was a way for a timer to just count down once it is energized....
    In regards to this question, go here. http://support.automationdirect.com/examples.html
    Check out example EP-MISC-004 for the CLICK.

Leave a comment:

• JCM78
    replied
    Thanks for the reply i did try it and noticed that it can only be 2 digit SD and i fixed the DF2 on both sides. Im still watching videos, maybe use an interput sub routine?? I wish there was a way for a timer to just count down once it is energized.... This is fun learning but really frustrating... lol
    Thanks for the help so far.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Two things:
    1. SD24 should never be 4 digits
    2. Rung 3 has DF2 on both sides of the compare contact

Three things, actually.
    3. I still cannot attach pictures from my PC(s!!!!) AD, when will this be fixed? along with the other forum problems. Aaaaargggghhh! &*#%(
    Last edited by kewakl; 09-26-2016, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JCM78
    replied
    Thanks for the reply, i will look at this more tonight. This is what i had come up with for now not sure if it will work.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cooling fan.png
Views:	25
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	102778

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    is this close?
    I don't know how to handle X1 coming ON when time is NOT 8:00 PM, so I gave you C11 to handle that.
    The timer should come on at (very slightly) after 20:00:00. It should stay on for one hour.

Code:
            AUTO                   Clock Hour   Clock Min    Clock Sec             Fan/Time En
             X1                    SD24   20    SD25   00    SD26   00                  C1
    ----------] [-----------------------]=[----------]=[----------]=[----------+---------(S)
                                                                               |
             AUTO                  AutoHandleMode                              |
              X1                        C11                                    |
    ----------]^[-----------+-----------] [------------------------------------+
                            |                                                  |
                            |       Clock Hour   Clock Min    Clock Sec        |
                            |       SD24   20    SD25   00    SD26   00        |
                            +-----------]=[----------]=[----------]=[----------+

AUTO                                                        Fan/Time En
                         X1                                                              C1
    ----------+----------]^[-----------------------+-------------------------------------(R)    
              |                                    |
              |        TimeDN      Compare THM     |
              |          T1        DF1   DF2       |
              +----------] [----------]>[----------+

Fan/Time En
              C1                                                          1Hr Time (3600 --> DS1)              
    ----------] [--------------------------------------------------------------+----------
                                                                               | T1    Sec
                                                                               | DS1   3600
                                                                               | TD1   nnnn
                                                                               +----------

Fan/Time En                                                                     FAN
              C1                                                                         Y1
    ----------] [------------------------------------------------------------------------(O)
    Last edited by kewakl; 09-26-2016, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X