Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P2K or?? as Ethernet/IP Slave to Epson Robot Controller Master?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2K or?? as Ethernet/IP Slave to Epson Robot Controller Master?

Good day,

I have an Epson robot controller with an Ethernet/IP Master Card, I need to connect to a PLC to run conveyor/escapement/feed systems.

Process flow:

PLC running conveyor and feeder handling ---> PLC sends part feeder ready to robot--> robot picks part sends bit to PLC to present next part--->robot finishes process ---> robot controller sends bit to PLC to conduct pallet change---> PLC sends bit to robot controller when complete

I realize this would be easily accomplished using I/O but the system will also have a servo gripper over Ethernet/IP and a Vision system communicating position data to the robot on the same network. My robot DIO is limited so I would like to handle this over a network.

Additionally, I would need the robot controller to call different program setting on the PLC for different part types.

Is the P2K the best option for this between the PLC offerings at Automation Direct?

Thank you for your input on this application.

-Swervomotor

• Swervomotor
    replied
    Ridgeline,

Thank you for the response, it is good to hear someone has accomplished this successfully. Sounds like the P2K is a viable option for this application.

I saved your program, waiting on the download of the programming software from IT (firewall) to check it out.

I did some digging on the Epson Fbus and it looks like it can handle 8-bit or 16-bit.

"FbusIO_GetBusStatus Returns the status of the specified fieldbus.

FbusIO_GetDeviceStatus Returns the status of the specified fieldbus device.

FbusIO_In Returns the status of an 8 bit input port.

FbusIO_InW Returns the status of a 16 bit input port.

FbusIO_IONumber Returns the bit number of the specified Fieldbus I/O label.

FbusIO_Off Turns an output off.

FbusIO_On Turns an output on.

FbusIO_Out Simultaneously sets 8 output bits.

FbusIO_OutW Simultaneously sets 16 output bits.

FbusIO_Sw Returns the status of one input bit.

FbusIO_SendMsg Sends an explicit message to a device and returns the reply."

' Send explicit message to the device

Byte sendData(5)

Byte recvData(10)

Integer i

sendData(0) = 14 ' Command

sendData(1) = 1 ' Class

sendData(3) = 1 ' Instance

sendData(5) = 7 ' Attribute

FbusIO_SendMsg 1, 1, 0, sendData(), recvData()

For i = 0 To UBound(recvData)

Print recvData(i)

Next i

Leave a comment:

• Ridgeline Mach
    replied
    Just did an application similar to this with a P2K, a 6" Cmore micro, two Universal Robots (UR), and a Cognex barcode scanner. Personally, I think the P2K is the perfect solution. You'll need the Ethernet/IP information from Epson regarding Assembly Instance/Connection Point of the I/O, the data array type (8-bit, 16, 32?), and number of elements. You'll create a Generic Client in the P2K under Hardware Config, the Ethernet/IP tab.

There is a topic in the Communications section of this message board where I attached a program example of how I setup the P2K for the URs. That topic is located here
    Last edited by Ridgeline Mach; 01-06-2017, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X