Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why additional contact with Leading Edge Powerflow Modifier?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why additional contact with Leading Edge Powerflow Modifier?

I have some initialization to perform at power on. However, I find that the Leading Edge Powerflow Modifier will not work unless there is at least one input contact on the rung with it. Does anyone know the reason for this restriction?

I cannot answer that, but is this initialization something that cannot be triggered by ST0 $FirstScan?

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatherder View Post
      I have some initialization to perform at power on. However, I find that the Leading Edge Powerflow Modifier will not work unless there is at least one input contact on the rung with it. Does anyone know the reason for this restriction?
      Because it is a logical AND operation to the boolean stack. It must follow at least one STR operation.

There is a system task called $tFirstScan dedicated to initialization, or as kewakl mentioned $FirstScan (ST0) works well too.

Comment

Thanks, I had seen FirstScan mentioned in the instructional videos and use a similar status bit in other software. The trouble with videos is you cannot use machine search on them. Also, in the Do-More Designer Help. Search for "First Scan", "FirstScan" "$FirstScan", "$Firstscan", "ST0" shows "no topics found", which I think is a serious lapse.
        Last edited by wildcatherder; 05-19-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatherder View Post
          Also, in the Do-More Designer Help. Search for "First Scan", "FirstScan" "$FirstScan", "$Firstscan", "ST0" shows "no topics found", which I think is a serious lapse.
          I haven't tried it on the 2.0 help file, but on 1.4 I got 9 hits on various combinations of First and Scan.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post

I haven't tried it on the 2.0 help file, but on 1.4 I got 9 hits on various combinations of First and Scan.
            9 in help 2.0

Comment

The contents search for 2.0 doesn't return one of the topics I think it should, but the Index was the same in both. The quick search (once reading a topic) is expecting exact match though. That's clearly wrong and needs to change.
              Last edited by BobO; 05-19-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X