No Connection to Device's Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Connection to Device's Tags

Odd issue here. I have 6 PLC's that I added via the tag adding section involving an IP and an L5k. They've worked fine for an extended period of time. I exited studio gateway one night, and then from then, I have no connection to the tags.
    They're set up in trends to read to a database. I'm still getting the data at the specified triggers.
    I've made multiple screens to visualize the data (Graphs, charts); all working.
    However if I go to try and add a tag there's a red X next to the device folder with the tags.
    I've called AD about this and they don't have any answers for me.
    The tags haven't moved. The directory is in the same location.
    I've uninstalled POV and reinstalled to no avail.
    I've hand started every single task to see if that would assist me in this, nothing.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    edit: I've tried adding a new device with L5k and new IP, however it still goes immediately red x'd
    Last edited by dbanks; 11-22-2017, 12:57 PM. Reason: point of view, automation direct, tag integration, tag, tags,

As an alternative you could always manually add a tag into the main driver sheet to get you going.

Comment

Originally posted by dnj View Post
      As an alternative you could always manually add a tag into the main driver sheet to get you going.
      As in type it out manually? I'm not having any luck across the board here.
      Thanks for the response!

Comment

Working...
      X