Productivity 1000 programming help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity 1000 programming help

I'm attempting my first shot at PLC programming in about 5 years with a Productivity 1000 PLC. I am retrofitting an older boring machine that is pretty simple. I think i have the majority of it figured out - but have a few issues I'm stuck on. On the first line there is an output "hold down clamp solenoid" - I cannot get this output to "latch." The output will only engage when I hold the start button. I can also not get the timers to start. I'm assuming that there's something simple I'm missing but I can't seem to figure it out.

A brief synopsis of the machine function - It is a three head boring machine, with air cylinders that move the motor assemblies to do the actual drilling. You can select any 1, 2 or 3 motors to run at the same time by flipping selector switch on the operator panel. When you press the start button the hold down cylinder will come on along with the selected motors. There is a delay to allow the motors to come up to speed, then the drilling cylinders activate. When it gets to the end of the stroke it hits a limit switch which will turn off the drilling cylinders. There will be a delay to allow the cylinders to retract, then the motors and hold down cylinder will turn off.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this. The photo shows the programming for motor 1 - the rest of the program repeats for motors 2 and 3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	line bore program.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	109585
    Starts
    12-06-2017 02:00 PM

Possible that the program has been edited and not downloaded to the plc.
    Line 1 contains the start button and the hold in contact in parallel that should keep it turned on.
    This line 1 shows an edit.

Comment

I did reload the program after this picture was taken - I just added the retract timers back in after making edits to try to troubleshoot

Comment

Did you assign DO-0.1.1.1 to another output instruction? You could have another rung that is forcing off that output thus overwriting your first rung. If you need to use an output to be used on multiple rungs you have to use an OR OUT for the coil.

Name:	image_2915.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	109590
        Last edited by P3K_ADC_Eng; 12-06-2017, 03:17 PM.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I don't have the PAC software loaded, but if the Retract Timers are in milliseconds, then a 0.15 second on time is all you can expect.

Comment

Timers are in centiseconds (.01). Im not using the output anywhere else.

Comment

1) In the picture the plc is in Stop mode. I know you said you see the output come on, but wanted to make sure you had in in Run.
              2) on rung #7 is that a reset? If so go to rung #8 and insert a rung above rung #8 and put an end statement and then test logic.

I entered this exact same logic here and it works as expected.

Name:	540.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	109599

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X