• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas.Allen
    started a topic Zebra Printer

Zebra Printer

Hello all,

I am looking to do what I think should be a very simple process but I think I am just mentally burnt out and looking out to peers in hopes that someone has already done prior scenario

I have been working on a "Simple" counting machine (anything but simple) that uses bar code reader and vision system for correct part verification then a scale using serial communication to BRX plc and zero after every piece then also after dunage. Scope from customer "Non-Human Part identification and counting .
    Everything is working well but now they would like a label maker (zebra ZT1230) to print a label only when box is completed to insure that machine was used.

I am assuming ASCII is my best form of communication any samples of how people have set this up to print specific memory locations to label?
    Should this be done through BRX or through C-More?

Like I said this should be easy but Currently I am mentally drained

• Lucas.Allen
    replied
    Thank you, hopefully I will have time today to play with this

Leave a comment:

• plcnut
    replied
    Here is a sample for sending a print job with either TCP or Serial.
    You can download the ZPL manual from Zebra to find all of the commands.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BobO
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucas.Allen View Post
    Was planing on serial, haven't had much luck with TCP unless you suggest it I have POM for both, Label will not be large just part number and static message
    TCP would require internal Ethernet port. Ethernet POM doesn't support custom protocol.

Serial POM is fine.

Leave a comment:

• Lucas.Allen
    replied
    Sorry, I don't know why i didn't see this earlier

Was planing on serial, haven't had much luck with TCP unless you suggest it I have POM for both, Label will not be large just part number and static message

Leave a comment:

• plcnut
    replied
    This can be done using the BRX using the Zebra ZPL language.
    Is your printer Serial or Ethernet (TCP)?
    Also, what size of label are you printing?
    I can probably put together a sample print job for you sometime next week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X