DirectSOFT 5 - "Compare Programs" Tool - Output Format Syntax Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectSOFT 5 - "Compare Programs" Tool - Output Format Syntax Help

Can someone please explain how to decipher the results from the "Compare Programs" Tool or point me to a source that explains it? I can't for the life of me decipher it or really effectively use it, as I would on other platforms. There was very little information in the User Manual on the topic.

Thank you

The DL User manuals show the raw mnemonic descriptions. Although DirectSOFT uses Relay Ladder Logic, the PLC actually uses an assembly language type instruction set that uses Boolean stack operations, namely STR, AND, OR, their "normally closed" equivalents, along with ANDSTR/ORSTR, then all the various boxes and coils.

Chapter 5 of the specific DL User Manuals provide the details as to the PLC mnemonics along with their parameters.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Thank you franji1, that doesn't really help me, but I come from the Siemens / Allen Bradley world, it's been hard to equate those two vendors to the Automation Direct world, as so much basic functionality just doesn't exist. It seems native to me, that the file compare would show the differences between files, such that a user could find what is missing and what has been added. I must still be missing something, or it basically just does not exist.

Comment

It only shows program differences. Nothing else (not documentation or data differences). Sorry.
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Originally posted by franji1 View Post
          It only shows program differences. Nothing else (not documentation or data differences). Sorry.
          It vaguely shows programming differences, figuring out what the differences are would be easier done in VB using source code text files. It's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by eckirchn View Post

It vaguely shows programming differences, figuring out what the differences are would be easier done in VB using source code text files. It's awful.
            A graphical picture of the ladder logic differences would definitely be much better, agreed.

Comment

Working...
            X