Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am new to PLC's and I have lots of questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new to PLC's and I have lots of questions.

Hello I am attempting to make an electric torque wrench out of a torque transducer(SWS-50) that reads an input from a CNC which then chooses which torque setting is needed. I was going to attach a light to the system so that is yellow while waiting for all of the torques. Green once torque is met and red if torque is over by a %. Once torque is set properly it was going to send a signal to the CNC allowing it to run.

Items that I am using
    D0-06DR-D
    F0-2AD2DA-2
    SWS-50
    Werma light - 691 200 55
    ECX 1040 (Push Button for Reset)

What I am attempting

x0-x1-x2-(set V memory location with voltage needed) (I am unsure what command I should use)

>-<-(y0)(For Green Light) (if v memory location is greater then analog reading but less than over load green light)
    y0-(tmr c3)
    c3-(y2)(CNC OK)

>-(y1)(For Red Light)

Also how do I read analog voltages from the F0-2AD2DA-2?

This is my first volley and I appreciate any help that I can get with this.

• franji1
    replied
    Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Today, I rediscovered that my laptop mouse cursor will NOT go from laptop screen to CMORE screen.
    You know you can fix that with a bigger desk, not just a bigger mouse pad.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenton.Schuett View Post
    Well I figured out why my Load and Out Instructions. It turns out you have to be in run mode instead of program for the memory to be updated.
    If you have the same experiences I do, you will rediscover that -- multiple times.
    I rediscover things like that -- alot.
    Today, I rediscovered that my laptop mouse cursor will NOT go from laptop screen to CMORE screen.

Leave a comment:

• Kenton.Schuett
    replied
    Well I figured out why my Load and Out Instructions. It turns out you have to be in run mode instead of program for the memory to be updated.

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    Could you post a screenshot of your ladder code with the rungs for the load and out instructions? It should work fine, so maybe the way you have things written in the ladder is incorrect. Or it could be that V400 is in use from something else as Cap mentioned. You could try changing the memory location and see if that fixes it. I personally start with V10000 for all my user vmem. You can find valid ranges of usable vmem for whatever you want to use them for in the manuals. I think it might be an appendix to the manuals actually.

Leave a comment:

• Cap
    replied
    Not sure what is going one with your Load Instruction..

I stay away from the V400 Range.. I save that for the I Box Instructions and some E-net Work..

My Usefull V Starts at V1500.. Leaving the V1400 for other Data ranges needed at a whim..

LD K 10
    Out V1500
    Should put 10 in V1500.. Check it with the Debug Tool at the Top Bar.. Drop Down Menu to Change value, and you can View or Change the V Mem from the Box..

LDD K10
    OutD V1500 will Put 00 in V mem 1501, and 0010 in V1500..

It's a pain to do a straight 'Out' to a V mem.. It Wants to OUT to a Coil Bit.. If you Use the Out Instruction, then Type /V1500 ( yes that is a / Sign ) it will tell the Out instruction is Not a Coil, but a Single Word Out Dialog Box you want.. I went MANY YEARS before Someone here mentioned it..

Good Luck..

Cap

Leave a comment:

• Kenton.Schuett
    replied

I definitely like the panel meter idea that may make it easier for me to trouble shoot while I donít know what Iím doing. Does anyone have an idea about why the LD function is not working for me?

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    This will take a load cell type mv input and show you a digital readout value as well as output a 4-20ma signal for PLC use:
    https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...ze/DPM3-AT-A-L

The manual has an example of using a transducer with a 2mv/V output just like your SWS-50 as well, so it should work perfectly fine. This unit also has scaling capability and weighted averages to minimize fluctuations. The model I linked is a lower voltage model, I would use 24v DC to power it. If you want it powered from a 120v AC line they also have a model for that. Or, if you don't want to use an analog output into a PLC you can get a relay output model and turn on the output when the desired set point (torque point) is met. The only issue with the set point and relay is that you must manually choose your set point on the meter each time you want to change it. Whereas a PLC using analog input can have set point auto defined in ladder based on what program is being used.
    Last edited by MikeN; 07-26-2018, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bcarlton
    replied
    I'm sorry that I didn't do proper research on the signal conditioners at AutomationDirect. Do a Google search on 'strain gauge' or 'load cell' signal conditioners. The FC33 at AD does not seem to be appropriate.

Edit - seeing MikeN's post I guess I was hung upon 'signal conditioners'
    Last edited by bcarlton; 07-26-2018, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kenton.Schuett
    replied
    Alright Iím back! Those reads are a bit on the dry side. I can also see that wiring color codes are the wild west however thank you for the information.

I looked into signal conditioners and I could not find where automation direct had an option of strain gauge as an input type however using your information. I believe the FC-33 would handle my needs am I correct about that?

I also found in the manual how to set Vmemory locations however I am unsure if I am doing it correctly because i wrote a program to set some locations and am using the data screen to view the locations value, but it is not changing to the value that I am programming to put in. I have attempted an LD K10, OUT V400 also an LDR R10, OUTD V400.

Leave a comment:

• johnaden
    replied
    Green with yellow stripe is often European ground wire color. NFPA 79 has color code listings.

Leave a comment:

• Ridgeline Mach
    replied
    Wiring colors can get extreme, but the standard most customers had me adhere to in the past was:

208-240 VAC 3PH; Black - line 1, Red - line 2, Blue - line 3 (this also applied to motor wiring)
    480 VAC 3PH; Brown - line 1, Orange - line 2, Yellow - line 3 (this also applied to motor wiring)
    120 VAC 1PH control; Red - hot, White - neutral, Green - ground (or Earth), yellow - 120 volts from a remote panel and not disconnected by local panel.
    120 VAC 1 PH motors; Black - hot, White - neutral, Green - ground
    208-240 VAC 1PH motors; Black - line 1, Red - line 2, Green - ground
    24 VDC; Blue - +24V, Blue with white stripe - 0V

Of course, due to photoeye cables, 24 VDC can also be; Brown - +24V, Blue - 0V, Black - N.O. contact, White - N.C. contact, powered to change Black output to N.C. or a teach function. But the really odd wiring is the TAP-3000 air prep unit. It uses green with yellow stripe for the 0V. Never seen "that" before.

Leave a comment:

• winterrossi
    replied
    Most control panels I have worked in use red as 120v control, white as 120v "neutral", blue as 24vdc+, and blue with a white stripe as 24vdc-. Yellow or orange usually signify connection to another control panel, meaning they could still be hot even if the main power to the panel is off. Black is usually line voltage, such as motor power.

Leave a comment:

• cacycleworks
    replied
    Hi Kenton, I recently researched wiring colors myself for use on my rotational molding machine. There aren't many standardized colors... a few things I learned from the builders of my machine and Google:

Ľ Green is ground.
    Ľ Yellow :: L1 = 115VAC - normally used for control circuits.
    Ľ White :: L2 = 115VAC return. In my machine, it is tied to ground.
    Ľ Red :: they used way too much of it for the control circuits.
    Ľ Black :: used for all three phase locations; the three phase motors as well.

I had a sales rep from a burner integrator visit early on and he was grumbling about "so many red wires". I ended up buying several spools of various colors and then attempt to follow some kind of theme throughout.

Also, they used 14 AWG everywhere and I have a feeling that's the smallest gauge wire the ingetrators who built my oven had in stock. Read the specs for your components and use a wire size that is sensible. 16 or 18 AWG is plenty of conductor for any circuit which is not running a load.

I chose to reserve red for use on the + side of DC.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• bcarlton
    replied
    I looked at the specs for the torque sensor. It has the form of a standard load cell. The 'exitation voltage' is applied to the sensor and part is returned on the signal lines. At rest the voltage at the signal lines are about one half of the exitation voltage. As torque is applied the voltage at the signal lines change, the + signal moving toward the + side of the exitation and the - signal goes the other direction. The amount of change is very low (note the 2 mv/v specification) . This is the signal output at the high end of the sensor's rating. Thus if 10 volts is the exitation the the signal (the difference between the two signal lines) would be 20 mv at full range. This type of signal is called 'differential' and needs a separate amplifier to process properly. The amplifier is called a 'signal conditioner's and will provide a higher level signal, possibly 0 - 10 volts to your analog module. Do not try to connect the torque sensor directly to your analog module. AutomationDirect has appropriate signal conditioner's. Look for 'strain gauge' as the type of input. The signal conditioner will also provide a stabilized exitation voltage from the operating power applied to the conditioner.
    Last edited by bcarlton; 07-05-2018, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X