No announcement yet.

P2k Analog Input Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm..... Do you have an electrical print and a copy of the program to post?
    Someone here may be able to see what is happening.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see that comment until now since its on a new page...

Do you mean an electrical print of the RPM simulator board or of the whole thing? I don't think I'd be able to post that online flat out; I'll find out.

Comment

Could you wire the analog outputs into your analog inputs, and then adjust the output level through data view in the program. It wont even require any ladder code to test, just the tags in a data view. Adjust the values for the output and see if the input it is wired to changes to match. That will let you know if the inputs or outputs are defective since nothing else will be wired in and no code in involved at all.

Comment

I've switched the channels several times to check if it was any one channel. They all work, they just don't/can't measure these two signals.
          I'll give it a shot though; I'm at a complete loss as to why this doesn't work.

Comment

No luck. I tested both channels that aren't working with analog inputs and the Data View "Toggle IO View". The channels are working fine; its something else. Could a specific signal cause this freezing? Or could a signal be ignored by the hardware somehow?

Comment

Does the circuit break the common instead of the +dc voltage anywhere?

Checking to see if the commons are all bonded completely.
              With the unit running and changing... If you check from one common point to each other common point in the different ends of the circuit with a volt meter on low range, is there a voltage?
              If there is, then maybe there is some kind of break or resistance from one common to another.

Comment

I'll check all the commons right now and get back to you.

Comment

All the commons are correctly bonded. Took all day but I got it.

Comment

Probably need to view the program or electrical schematics to gain any new insight.

Comment

Yeah, I get the feeling that's whats going to have to happen. I'll talk to my bosses about it. Until next week, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                      X