2 Click PLCs Separate Inputs and Outputs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Click PLCs Separate Inputs and Outputs

I am using 2 Click PLCs. I would like to use one for the inputs and one for the outputs. Is this possible?

Yes. But why?

Comment

It would take more time to send all the necessary data of what inputs are on and what outputs are on back and forth between the PLCs than the scan time you would maybe save from reducing some of your ladder logic. Even with how much you might be able to reduce, you then have to add the pack and unpack instructions to compress the IO into a couple bytes and then add in the read and write instructions so you increase the scan time again with heavier instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
        Yes. But why?
        Strictly because I have already purchased one of the Click PLCs.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
          It would take more time to send all the necessary data of what inputs are on and what outputs are on back and forth between the PLCs than the scan time you would maybe save from reducing some of your ladder logic. Even with how much you might be able to reduce, you then have to add the pack and unpack instructions to compress the IO into a couple bytes and then add in the read and write instructions so you increase the scan time again with heavier instructions.
          Its looks like it'll be much simpler to purchase a PLC that will handle more I/O than a Click. I was trying to use Clicks because that is what I'm most familiar with.

Comment

If you purchased it recently, send it back.
            Buy expansion I/O modules for the click if you need more I/O--if you haven't exhausted the 8 module limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Boehs View Post

Its looks like it'll be much simpler to purchase a PLC that will handle more I/O than a Click. I was trying to use Clicks because that is what I'm most familiar with.
              The click can get to around 72 in / 70 out, BRX looks like it can do about 148 in / 144 out, P2k can do 192 in / 160 out in an 11 slot base (and you can go up to a 15 slot base if needed). Bang for buck, the BRX gets you the most features as it comes with some high speed inputs and outputs in that configuration. The P2000 is a $480 price difference for the extra IO, but you lose the HSI, HSO, and interrupt capabilities (for that price). The P1000 would be a killer little PLC but it doesnt have any 32 I/O cards yet so it doesnt get very dense in its capabilities.

You can also change up the combination of modules to get more in and less outs or vise versa. I just tried to balance them all when checking what each was capable of.
              Last edited by MikeN; 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post

The click can get to around 72 in / 70 out, BRX looks like it can do about 148 in / 144 out, P2k can do 192 in / 160 out in an 11 slot base (and you can go up to a 15 slot base if needed). Bang for buck, the BRX gets you the most. The P1000 would be a killer little PLC but it doesnt have any 32 I/O cards yet so it doesnt get very dense in its capabilities.

You can also change up the combination of modules to get more in and less outs or vise versa. I just tried to balance them all when checking what each was capable of.
                Thank You! I take a look at the BRX. I wonder if the Click will ever have 32 IO cards? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Boehs View Post

Thank You! I take a look at the BRX. I wonder if the Click will ever have 32 IO cards? Anyone know?
                  Just last year I would never have thought Click would get high speed counters support due to product segmentation, but here we are with that feature now. So I suppose it is possible Click may end up getting a 32 IO card at some point if enough people request it.

Comment

Working...
                  X