Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input and Output card addressing DL06 and DL205

Hi everyone..
    I'm new to PLC's and trying to teach myself a new skill... I built up a trainer at home with a DL06 unit and currently just use the factory inputs and outputs for my different connections which is really straight forward and I have learned a lot but now I would like to add additional input and output cards to the base unit. The process I never thought of while I was just using the factory in's and out's on the DL06 is how I can assign an input say X0 to an installed relay output card lets say to trigger a solenoid?? At work we use a lot of the DL205 units with D2-12TR and D2-32ND3-2 cards installed, currently these DL205 units are controlled and monitored by an external computer/software so these units have no ladder programming downloaded to them so I cannot learn much from these.. If anyone can give me a nudge in the right direction I'm sure I can go from there, there are not too many videos online for the DL line of PLC's...
    Thanks!!!
    Greg

You can change the memory assignements somewhere in the DirectSoft program, I cant remember where though as it has been many years since I last did that. I dont think you can actually assign X0 to a module though, I think you can only set the module to start right where the built in IO left off, or anywhere with a greater number. But I dont remember seeing the ability to re-assign the built in IO to different memory locations.

By default the new input card would be set to X100, so your built in would be something like X0-x23, and your first input module would be X100-X117 for example (if you had a 16 input card). If you put a second input module in it would start at X120 and go to X137. An output card then added on would start at Y100. That is how it defaults anyway.

From what I remember, the DL205 has no built in inputs or outputs and all IO is modules. SO that is why it is a bit different in that you assign X0 to an input module. The DL06 has built in IO though, so thats why X0 is already assigned and the modules you add get put into other input numbers.

If you really wanted a leg up in your company, once you learn DirectSoft and the DL06 well, you could then get a small BRX unit and teach yourself Do-More. Then when it comes time to replace stuff or upgrade at the job and they are going to replace the old DL205 CPUs with Do-More CPUs you will already be the most experienced person on the new systems and possibly earn yourself a promotion and a raise for being the new "top guy" on the new systems.
    Last edited by MikeN; 12-06-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mike! That helps.. One would think there should be cross reference mapping in the software that shows the I/O points and associated addresses otherwise if you are off one that could lead to a mess or possibly I do not know enough about the software think like that??? Yes the Do-More seems like a real slick PLC and easy to program...

Comment

Originally posted by GCR View Post
        One would think there should be cross reference mapping in the software that shows the I/O points and associated addresses otherwise if you are off one that could lead to a mess or possibly I do not know enough about the software think like that???
        In DirectSOFT, when you are online to a PLC, PLC->Configure I/O shows the I/O mapping/addressing info.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Thanks.. I'm connected to a DL205 right now and that window comes up with all zeros in it and read write buttons are grayed out, possibly the firmware on this unit does not support this feature?
          I will try it on my DL06 when I get off work.. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!! I did find additional details about card addressing the old fashion way, by reading the manual...

Comment

Working...
            X