Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dold LG5925 wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • Dold LG5925 wiring

    Hi, I've been trying to wire a Dold LG5925 for a while now unsuccessfully. The actual number at the back is LG5925.48/61, and it says A1(+)/A2 AC/DC 24V

    I'm assuming this safety relay powers up using 24VDC between A1 and A2, but I've so far been unsuccessful to turn even that light on.

    I have nothing else connected on it, the switches S1 and S2 are set to Manual and No cross fault; although I've tested all 4 possible combinations (auto start with and without cross fault, manual start with and without cross fault), and it just won't show power.

    The manual does mention that if there's a cross fault between S11 and S21 the light will be off, but they are not even connected to anything so I have no idea what may be wrong.


  • #2
    I have used many of this relay, and have not experienced what you write. Are you sure you have +24 connected to A1 and 0 to A2?
    Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

    - Walt Disney

    Comment



    • #3
      Thank you, I don't know how or why I wired "A2" in another place other than the one clearly marked A2.

      I think I need a vacation, Christmas can't come soon enough!

      Comment



      • #4
        Have experienced the same. Sometimes it takes another set of eyes to solve a problem.
        Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

        - Walt Disney

        Comment



        • #5
          Originally posted by adrianPicquic View Post
          ...clearly marked A2.
          I would beg to differ. I struggle even with a magnifier to see those pathetic (cheap) markings.

          Comment



          • #6
            Speaking of pathetic markings, you ever try to read the markings on a 750-2C-SKT socket? I usually take a black marker and try to highlight them or make a drawing and include it into the schematic. 750-2C-SKT750-2C-

            750-2C-SKT

            750-2C-SKT

            Comment



            • #7
              Originally posted by a agnone View Post
              Speaking of pathetic markings, you ever try to read the markings on a 750-2C-SKT socket? I usually take a black marker and try to highlight them or make a drawing and include it into the schematic. 750-2C-SKT750-2C-

              750-2C-SKT

              750-2C-SKT
              A lot of times I'll put a diagram of the socket in my drawings as well because they are so hard to read. My bad yes certainly don't help much either

              Comment



              • #8
                Originally posted by Adisharr View Post

                A lot of times I'll put a diagram of the socket in my drawings as well because they are so hard to read. My bad yes certainly don't help much either
                I always do this as well. I show a line going to each terminal used with what wire # it is to match the wiring diagram.
                Last edited by Todd Dice; 12-16-2018, 09:10 PM.
                Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

                - Walt Disney

                Comment



                • #9
                  Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post

                  I always do this as well. I show a line going to each terminal used with what wire # it is.
                  They really need to make an easy-to-read line :-P

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X