compile error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compile error

I took a program written in DS5 and tried to use it in DS6. When I try to download it to the plc I get error. See picture.
    This is a DL450. I did check link to make sure the PLC was both 450.
    Attached Files

When I try to enter it in DS6, I do get an error that the Low Low Limit must be < the Low Limit. They are K0 for both. Try changing Low Limit to K1.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Okay, now I get this new message. Reason I left them zero, I was not monitoring that low. Why does it work in DS5? But back to the new message.

Comment

Waiting on 'new message'
        thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Originally posted by a agnone View Post
          Okay, now I get this new message. Reason I left them zero, I was not monitoring that low. Why does it work in DS5? But back to the new message.
          Because that was a bug in DS5 that was fixed in DS6 (error checking inter-parameter ranges: LL < L < H < HH)
          There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

I will post it when I get to work tomorrow. Can't believe I forgot it.

Comment

Here is the message
              Attached Files

Comment

That's definitely a different issue. If you are online, make sure you are connected to a 450 (and not a 440 or 240 or ???). Look at the PLC panel on the status bar - it is the 2nd panel from the right - it should say "450" or maybe "454" if you have one of those (your screen shot clipped the status bar).

Comment

Hi, It say 450. The program works fine in DS5. Same link. I also went into the link, edit and it shows 450.

Comment

I found it. The High High was smaller then the High low. The wrong message is being displayed. Wow it works in DS5.

Comment

Working...
                    X