Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe in C-More HMI

Hello,

I need to be able to load and save values in the HMI. The PLC (DL06) will then read the values.

I have been able to figure out how to load from a recipe, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to edit a recipe by using a numeric entry.

Sorry if this is a repeat I did search for a bit but didn't find anything specific for editing a recipe from a numeric entry.

Thanks in advance!

Sterling.

What HMI are you using?

Comment

Part # EA7-T6CL-R

Comment

Use a "tag name" instead of a "constant" value for the source in the recipe box. Then assign that tag name to numeric entry. I hope that helps. If not post back and someone smarter can chime in.

Comment

I have tried that. I will attach some images of the test program I am making. To clarify, I am trying to load a recipe, edit the numeric entry in the recipe and then save it (overwrite) the existing numeric entry. Also will need to be able to save a recipe in a slot (or blank recipe) without one even being loaded, in other words choose from a list of recipes to overwrite.

(Ignore the numeric display box)

I tried both the following methods...

recipe "Untitled"

Thanks in advance sorry if it is confusing.
          Last edited by slapratt; 04-15-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

You are using the same tag name for the source as the destination. Change the destination to a different tag name and then try it.

Comment

Your close. In your last image, fill out the sheet by giving each column a V-Memory, and in your first column you can use Ascii to display on screen. If you put "0" in each row you are not using you can edit it and add to it. If you leave them blank you can not add recipes. Pick download, edt for the option so the user can change values. I sometimes put a done bit in my last column to tell the plc I am done loading all the values then proceed. You really do not need the save button because as soon as you enter a value, it will go to the V-Memory location. Also use the option for handshaking to make sure the value gets there. It looks like you are using the individual recipe button whereas I use the whole sheet on screen. there is too much to type here.

Comment

Okay, thank you I will try it and reply when I am done. May take a while I am completely new with controls as of 3 months ago.

Comment

a agnone, What you explained will work for what I am doing. However, the end user will have to be able to simply load, set and save values. Unfortunately I don't think having a sheet appear on the screen is simple enough. I appreciate the advice and if it was up to me I would rather have it that way.

So what I need to do is be able to for example, load a recipe so that the values display on a numeric entry button, be able to change the loaded value, and then save it with a desired name all using just a numeric entry, text entry for the name and a push button. On top of that the PLC (DL06) will need to be able to read the values in the numeric entry.

Note: I need to be able to save multiple combinations of numeric entries with different names.

I've been banging my head for days trying to get it in this format and I greatly appreciate all advice.

Thanks.

Comment

AAgnone has it correct. That is the only way it works unfortunately.
                    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I think I have done what you are after, but it does take a while to program it all. I'll try to explain, feel free to ask questions if I'm not clear on something.

I use the "recipe" buttons as data transfer buttons. Choose "single scource" in the recipe options.

In you plc program, set aside a group of VMEM for your "operational specs". Something like this...

V2000=current job number
                      V2002=zone 1 temp
                      V2004=zone 2 temp
                      V2006=air pressure

Use these as your parameters in your PLC for running a job. You can have a "set up" screen on the cmore with "numeric entry" objects that can change these specs while running a job.

Then set aside other groups of VMEM for each "specification storage slot". Something like this...

V3000=cycle 1 job number
                      V3002=cycle 1 zone 1 temp
                      V3004=cycle 1 zone 2 temp
                      V3006=cycle 1 air pressure

V3100=cycle 2 job number
                      V3102=cycle 2 zone 1 temp
                      V3104=cycle 2 zone 2 temp
                      V3106=cycle 2 air pressure

ETC...

Then create a screen called "store job settings" that contains the appropriate number of "recipe" objects for the number of different jobs you may have. "storage slot A" is a recipe button that uses V2000-V2006 source, and V3000-V3006 as the destination. When pressed, it will transfer the "operational specs" to storage slot A. Create another "recipe" object for each storage slot with a different destination.

Then create a screen called "recall job settings" that contains the appropriate number of "recipe" objects for the number of different jobs you may have. "load job A" is a recipe button that uses V3000-V3006 source, and V2000-V2006 as the destination. When pressed, it will transfer the specs from storage slot A to the operational area. You can also put "numeric display" objects next to the recipe objects to display the job number stored in them.

Like I said at the beginning, lots of programming up front, but for an operator, they are tweaking values while setting up or running. At end of job, pick a storage slot and press the button to save all the parameters. When that job comes up again, press the appropriate recall button to get your specs loaded from the last run.

Hope this helps, Bob
                      Bob

Comment

Bob S BN, Thank you! That sounds exactly like what I need and when I get a chance I will try it out.

THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Bob,
                          I haven't used the recipe objects in the past, but your post makes me curious about something. What would the difference be between what you describe and using the PLC to bulk copy registers around? If I was presented with the situation you describe, I would probably use a copy command to move the data around. The copy would be controlled by a bit that the HMI would set ON. When the copy is complete, the PLC would reset the bit. Is there any functional difference? Does the recipe object display the data on screen in a nice format?

I tend to keep all the logic for a machine in the PLC only. While this tends to make HMI interactions simpler, I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something.

Thanks,
                          Brian

Comment

The reason I need to do this is because I need to store these values in the HMI rather than in the past they were stored in the PLC. Given upgrades to the HMI and functionality the PLC no longer has the capacity to store all of the values, but the HMI does.

Comment

You guys have got rethinking a bunch of past practices. They work, but perhaps could be done better.

Originally posted by bfitz View Post
                              Bob,
                              I haven't used the recipe objects in the past, but your post makes me curious about something. What would the difference be between what you describe and using the PLC to bulk copy registers around?
                              I think the first time I did this, I was trying to use the recipe because it was there. I think you're right, perhaps I could have just used pushbuttons writing to "C" bits to initiate a bulk copy of registers. Probably be much faster than waiting to move all the numbers to and from the HMI.

Originally posted by slapratt View Post
                              The reason I need to do this is because I need to store these values in the HMI rather than in the past they were stored in the PLC. Given upgrades to the HMI and functionality the PLC no longer has the capacity to store all of the values, but the HMI does.
                              Oh, you want to store them in the HMI. What I demonstrated was storing them in the PLC. However, you could probably be storing all the storage values to CMORE internal tags instead.
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X