Ideas & advice for central "panel"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas & advice for central "panel"

The top of this rotating table has wires coming up in the center; right now, the only lines employed are 208 V 3 phase, return (for 115 VAC), and ground.

That flat sheetmetal plate was a temporary solution while I brought power up the turret's center. Underneath is a 24 position rotating contact / slip-ring that lets the wires at the top rotate. There's a 4x2 inch round steel tube coming up that the plate is bolted to. I have thought up having a box (like the two you see on arm positions #2 and #3) that sits atop it all. I'd like to have it so I can almost easily remove the box and then there are connectors for the AC input (circuit breaker is 30A). The point of it being removable is so I can perform maintenance on the equipment with little in the way. I will probably also put the motors on some kind of cable so I can make the control boxes at each work station interchangeable.

Does anyone have thoughts about this? I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to want something like this? I'm being "slick" and I'm sure someone here has had to FIX something where a guy thought he was being slick...

Specific questions:
    - Any suggestions for compact 6 pin connector / power cord for the 1.5 hp motors? (3 phases, brake +/-, and ground, 4.5A max)
    - Each workstation connects to the center for 3 phases and ground... any experience for connectors here?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Chris

Click image for larger version

Name:	arm1_work_area_clear.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	122024

These connectors should be close to what you are looking for if the amperage is below 16 amps.
    There are several different current ratings and number of pins to choose from in this line of connectors.

ZP-MC06B-1-MS006 - ZP-MC06B-1-FS006,

Comment

Does the table rotate as well? If so, you will need a slip-ring assembly.

Is that a homemade rotational molding machine?

Comment

From what I read:
        Originally posted by cacycleworks View Post
        The top of this rotating table has wires coming up in the center;
        Underneath is a 24 position rotating contact / slip-ring that lets the wires at the top rotate.

Just looking into my crystal ball again, it looks to be an intermediate material handling/process table.

Comment

Originally posted by sii View Post
          Does the table rotate as well? If so, you will need a slip-ring assembly.

Is that a homemade rotational molding machine?
          It does rotate and there is a slip ring assembly. It is on the "ground level" floor of the station. 24 position slip ring approx 24" in diameter.

I believe "home made" isn't a good description. It was made by the vendor in LA who was the most successful at running our tools. It has a rapid warm up and is impressively efficient, combing the best aspects of a shuttle and carousel design. This is the 6 foot oven. They made 8 foot and 12 foot models subsequently. This 6 foot oven was then sold to a company who let everything sit outside for a decade. I bought it from them and have it working again.

Thanks,
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by RogerR View Post
            These connectors should be close to what you are looking for if the amperage is below 16 amps.
            There are several different current ratings and number of pins to choose from in this line of connectors.

ZP-MC06B-1-MS006 - ZP-MC06B-1-FS006,
            Whoa... this is like when I discovered terminal blocks and DIN rail. Now to figure out the lego combinations I want.

Thank you, sir!
            Chris

Comment

Glad to help...

Comment

Working...
              X