Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D2-262 Retentives Wipe out after prog to run or run to prog switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2-262 Retentives Wipe out after prog to run or run to prog switch.

I am looking to know if anyone else have the same problem, I have two D2-262 PLC in the row with this problem...

How to prevent PLC from zeroing out all registers (V400-V37777) and resetting all coils (C0-3777) while switching from run to prog or prog to run either in direct logic SW or switch on the PLC.

D2-262 Firm Ver 1.0.
    D2-262 date code 1898
    ECOM100 Ver 4.0.2146.
    Direct Logic Ver 6.3.

*Battery installed
    *Editing Program online will not cause any problem.
    *Power cycling the PLC will not cause any problem.
    *Retentive were set up as C0-3777, V400-37777, CT0-377. (saved and power-cycled)

Current workaround to keep system running (as long as no one switch from RUN to PROG) is to put PLC in RUN and then "copy configuration data from disk to PLC" only selecting "variable memory" and "retentive range/ watchdog timeout".

EDIT: I now have three PLC with this issue in the row and one unopened box (all same date code). I will stop buying them for now and continue to use D2-260 PLC.
    Last edited by UETAdam; 05-09-2019, 02:25 PM.

Take a look at Appendix E of the DL205 User Manual. https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...user/appxe.pdf
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
      Take a look at Appendix E of the DL205 User Manual. https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...user/appxe.pdf
      I have review the Appendix E, and do not see anything in there that solves my problem.

Comment

Please call or email our technical support team. 1(800) 633-9495
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

OK, here is the update...
          First, Put a battery in the D2-262 (retentive is not maintained without the battery even though it have a 1.5 hr cap)
          Second, Power on, set the retentive ranges, put an "end" in the ladder logic save and load.
          Third, Power off and wait few second then power on.
          Last, Program it and load it in and it all will work normal as long there is a good battery in it.
          also I recommend to turn on the 12th bit in V7633 (B7633.12) to turn on an no/low battery light.
          Program the logic SP43 to alarm and when battery light is lit and replace Battery ASAP while it still powered on!

I hope they can fix the firmware soon, for now, I will continue to use the rock solid D2-260 PLC while it last.

Comment

Working...
          X