Ecomm 100 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecomm 100 setup

Hello. I have been using automation direct PLCs for a while but have never had the need to use ethernet before and i am trying to set up my first project with it. Basic project. DL-06PLC with H0-ECOMM100 module that will connect with two Cmore HMI touch screens. I can connect to the ecomm module using NETEDIT but that is about it. I cannot connect from the PLC to my PC and also cannot get even a single HMI to connect to the PLC. What else do i need to do to get everything to communicate. Thanks.

When you say you connect with Netedit do you then set the IP and netmask?
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

If i leave it on obtain IP automatically it sets it at 0.0.0.0 I changed it to "use the following I.P." and it sets it at 192.168.109.125 Subnet, 255.255.0.0 Gateway, 192.168.1.1

Comment

Are those numbers consistent with your PC and perhaps network parameters?
        thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Im not sure. Im very new to the networking side of things. I have a good understanding of PLC's and they have worked well
          for years just using the rs 232 cables that come with them but this is all new for me.

Comment

You can type ipconfig in a command prompt box to get the computers ip address. Then compare to what you have assigned the PLC.

A program that makes it fairly easy to view and change IP addresses is Netsetman.
            www.netsetman.com
            It is free and can save several profiles for use in different networks.

Comment

Sorry if this is pretty basic stuff, Im just trying to learn a little bit of the Networking side at my new job. So if i do the ipconfig my wireless lan connection on my laptop is 1Pv4 192.168.1.136
              subnet 255.255.255.0
              Gateway 192.168.1.1
              Ethernet Adapter, plugged into the ECOMM100 on slot two of the PLC IPV4 169.254.110.151
              Subnet 255.255.0.0
              Gateway 192.168.1.1

what settings would i need to change in order to get the PLC to connect to my PC. and also trying to get the HMI to talk with the PLC Thanks

Comment

I am not an expert in networking either. All of my installations are wired ethernet connections running through a straight ethernet switch.
                Is the Ethernet adapter mentioned above a wireless device?

Look to keep the same IP address range. If laptop is 192.168.1.136, to start have the devices it will talk to set at 192.168.1.xxx.
                Say PLC at 192.168.1.137
                HMI 1 at 192.168.1.138
                HMI 2 at 192.168.1.139
                Make sure any address you assign is not being used by another device.
                The Subnet could be 255.255.0.0 on all devices at least to start.
                Gateway 192.168.1.1 on all.

You can test to see if your laptop can "see" the other devices or if one already exists with that IP address by using a ping command like the ipconfig command.
                "ping 192.168.1.137" for the PLC etc.
                The result will be a connection / time displayed or a timeout if not found.

Comment

Working...
                X