Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a F2-CP128 coprocessor work in a DL-205 rack with a Do-More cpu H2-DM1E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a F2-CP128 coprocessor work in a DL-205 rack with a Do-More cpu H2-DM1E?

I have run out of ladder memory in the D2-260 15.8k and the only option I see is to use the H2-DM1E with 64k to keep the DL-205 rack. Not sure if I want to rewrite directsoft program to Do-more yet, but wanted to explore options.

Whatever is being done with the CoPro can probably be done a lot easier with the Do-more. Do-more has great ASCII capabilities.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
      Whatever is being done with the CoPro can probably be done a lot easier with the Do-more. Do-more has great ASCII capabilities.
      I don't doubt that is true for a new application, but I get the impression that the O.P. has the CoPro code written already, so for the DoMore to be easier now it would have to require negative effort.

From the catalog page for the F2-CP128:" Additional Information; Not compatible with D2-230 or Do-more H2 series CPUs"

Comment

IMHO, if I was having to rewrite the program for a newer much more capable PLC, I wouldn't leave a legacy card in the rack just to save a bit of programming time. Dealing with the untyped DL memory would be a pain that I would really want to avoid. Not to mention having to have a separate program to maintain that probably no one but myself would understand.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

The co-processor is NOT compatible with the DoMore.

Comment

Working...
          X