Directsoft 6.3 not taking license key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directsoft 6.3 not taking license key

I put in my license key and get the all the way to the 3rd "thank you screen" implying that the license key was taken successfully. The popup keeps coming up though wanting me to register, and I cannot open projects??

I'm no expert, but my hunch would be on disk/user permissions.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post
      I'm no expert, but my hunch would be on disk/user permissions.
      That or security software blocking it.

Or third possibility is that MS is helping out by blocking the install file. Right click on the install file and select Properties. Look on the lower left corner for a button that says "Unblock" and click it.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I should say that the installation of DS worked. Initially I did not have the code with me so I installed without. I have been trying to install the code after the DS6.3 was already installed. I will unistall and start again.

Comment

UPDATE:
          I uninstalled and then reinstalled. During reinstall I entered license key, all worked as expected. Is there a known issue of not being able to give license key after installation?

Comment

Yes. When the install path was moved to \Program Files, it broke the upgrade from Demo option due to the way Windows handles security for that path. It will be removed in the next release of DirectSoft.
            If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X