NEED OPINIONS FOR Do-More H2 vs Productivity3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED OPINIONS FOR Do-More H2 vs Productivity3000

I am trying to get some more opinions on what I should use for my project. I am going to have humidity sensors, temp sensors, CO2 monitoring, lighting control, and some other aspects that are not 100% nailed down yet. What are some of your experiences with these two different controllers such as benefits and drawbacks. I appreciate your feedback, thanks!

What kind of lighting control?

Comment

They're both excellent platforms, and I've used both. My questions is, do you have experience with non-Automation Direct PLCs? For me, with my prior experience with the Allen-Bradley RSLogix software environment, Productivity Suite felt more familiar.
      Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
        They're both excellent platforms, and I've used both. My questions is, do you have experience with non-Automation Direct PLCs? For me, with my prior experience with the Allen-Bradley RSLogix software environment, Productivity Suite felt more familiar.
        Same here. I was able to pick up the productiy suite easily, but the fans of the do more make it sound interesting with some of the advanced communication options it has.

Comment

Originally posted by z28z34man View Post

Same here. I was able to pick up the productiy suite easily, but the fans of the do more make it sound interesting with some of the advanced communication options it has.
          The fact that the Host folks are here is a big plus.

RKA_Tech22, the software to both platforms is free, but the Do-more environment has a simulator built-in, so you could test your application before purchase. Productivity Suite does not have simulation.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Either will work for you. If you like standard PLC ladder programming, with fixed I/O addressing and loads of communications options, then DoMore (I'm biased towards DoMore) If you are comfortable with tag-based programming, then the PRO-series is for you. Exceptionally capable with HUGE memory area. Toss a coin...

Comment

How will the sensors be hooked up? network communication over Ethernet? Or wired in to analog inputs for most of them?

Comment

I have more experience with the automation direct CLICK PLC and then quite a bit of experience with Studio5000. I was talking to a coworker who has worked with the H2 a lot and he says he prefers them to any other brand he has worked with because of their versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
                  How will the sensors be hooked up? network communication over Ethernet? Or wired in to analog inputs for most of them?
                  Most of the sensors I was planing to use are mostly going to be analog inputs, but I would also like to do some Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post
                    What kind of lighting control?
                    The lighting control will be UV bulb control for adjustment such as dimming, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GlennLee View Post
                      Either will work for you. If you like standard PLC ladder programming, with fixed I/O addressing and loads of communications options, then DoMore (I'm biased towards DoMore) If you are comfortable with tag-based programming, then the PRO-series is for you. Exceptionally capable with HUGE memory area. Toss a coin...
                      I have experience with RSLogix5000 and also quite a bit of experience with CLICK so I have experience with both tag based and fixed. That's why I wasn't too sure which platform would work with me. I am comfortable with either one I just didnt know if there were certain aspects that some people have worked with on each of them that they prefer to the other. I have a co-worker that prefers the DoMore but it is simply because he has used it much more than the Productivity series.

Comment

Well, another reason I decided on the Productivity platform was the output modules. Their solid state outputs have a higher amperage per point rating than the 205 modules. Now, this may be no longer true, but I don't know.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by RKA_Tech22 View Post

The lighting control will be UV bulb control for adjustment such as dimming, etc.
                          What interface? Do-more BRX supports DMX512 (a lighting protocol) through the BX-SERIO. I would also recommend BRX over H2, if you prefer Do-more.

Comment

Well, another reason I decided on the Productivity platform was the output modules. Their solid state outputs have a higher amperage per point rating than the 205 modules. Now, this may be no longer true, but I don't know.
                            I'm not too sure, like I said, I am still in the early stages of planning out this process so I still have a lot of device selection and factors such as these that will play into part also.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post

What interface? Do-more BRX supports DMX512 (a lighting protocol) through the BX-SERIO. I would also recommend BRX over H2, if you prefer Do-more.
                              A co-worker of mine said he prefers the H2 over anything else they have to offer. I am looking for modular in particular but he said he really thought the H2 was one of his more preferred brands across all options.

Comment

Working...
                              X