NEED OPINIONS FOR Do-More H2 vs Productivity3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RKA_Tech22 View Post

A co-worker of mine said he prefers the H2 over anything else they have to offer. I am looking for modular in particular but he said he really thought the H2 was one of his more preferred brands across all options.
    Use what you prefer. BRX is the newest platform for Do-more, so it has quite a few more features than H2. We have modular versions of the BRX CPU.

Comment

A co-worker of mine said he prefers the H2 over anything else they have to offer. I am looking for modular in particular but he said he really thought the H2 was one of his more preferred brands across all options.
      BobO is one of the developers of Do-more. Since your co-worker prefers it, going with a BRX would mean they'd stay with the software environment they're familiar with while getting the latest hardware. The D205 hardware is pretty old, as I was using DL it in the 90's, so it makes better sense to follow BobO's lead, and go BRX. It has modularity, since it comes in a CPU alone configuration, and add on modules. Unless your company has inventory of H2 parts, it doesn't make much sense to keep using aged hardware.
      Last edited by Todd Dice; 07-04-2019, 02:55 PM.
      Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post

and go BRX.
        YES, GO WITH BRX!
        I can't say enough about this controller. I've abused a couple of them (carelessness on prototypes) and they are still ticking.
        I've used all of ADC PLCs and the BRX beats them all by far.IMO
        Plus the support that BobO and company offers is second to none.

Comment

Most of the sensors I was planing to use are mostly going to be analog inputs, but I would also like to do some Ethernet
          In my opinion, analog on both platforms is exactly the same ease of use. I have seen many people post questions about Ethernet on Productivity though and it seems "finicky" to get it working initially.

Comment

I found the Ethernet coms fairly straightforward on the productivity coming from an AB background. The productivity series is lacking some of the the newer do more features like file management functions and MQTT messages. Nothing that I have needed as of yet but it is cool that they are thrown in on the BRX

Comment

Originally posted by z28z34man View Post
              Nothing that I have needed as of yet but it is cool that they are thrown in on the BRX
              Hmmm...not sure how to take that.

Comment

IIRC, BRX analog is much faster than PxK analog -- if that matters to you...

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post

Like parsley as a garnish?

- Walt Disney

Comment

Hopefully, I'm close....
                    webster says
                    Throw in ------ something added as a bonus or supplement

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Hopefully, I'm close....
                      webster says
                      Throw in ------ something added as a bonus or supplement
                      I'll accept that answer.

Comment

When I was choosing between productivity and BRX a bit over a year ago I went with productivity because of my prior experience with Allen Bradley control logix PAC because the programming environment felt more similar. After that I have becoume a huge fan of automation direct and have been watching both series. The BRX has a bunch of cool stuff that the productivity doesn't but as of now I haven't needed it. There may come a day when the productivity can't compete a project that I have been given and at that time I will have to learn the BRX and see if it is the best fit but it hasn't came yet.

As of now I am very happy with the productivity series and have found that I can do stuff with relative ease with the P1-540 that I can't do for for over 10x the money with AB

Comment

When I was choosing between productivity and BRX a bit over a year ago I went with productivity because of my prior experience with Allen Bradley control logix PAC because the programming environment felt more similar. After that I have becoume a huge fan of automation direct and have been watching both series. The BRX has a bunch of cool stuff that the productivity doesn't but as of now I haven't needed it. There may come a day when the productivity can't compete a project that I have been given and at that time I will have to learn the BRX and see if it is the best fit but it hasn't came yet.

As of now I am very happy with the productivity series and have found that I can do stuff with relative ease with the P1-540 that I can't do for for over 10x the money with AB
                          I was referring to the statement that our features were "thrown in". We do put a great deal of effort and planning into them.

Comment

Bob,

I didn't read the "thrown in" as a jab at BRX. Like something was added without a lot of thought. Your interpretation.

I read it as the other user mentioned it. Thrown in, meaning it comes included. Like your new pickup comes with it's first oil change, "thrown in."

Comment

I was referring to the statement that our features were "thrown in". We do put a great deal of effort and planning into them.
                              I definitely didn't mean for it to be interpreted like that. They are awesome features to have and it is better to have and not need than need and not have.

Comment

Truth!

Now if only I could get our customer base to stop asking for Allen-Bradley PLCs, it would make my job easier.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
                                X