D2-260 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2-260 Upgrade

We have a customer with an older system, that we are going to upgrade. The system has a main rack with a D2-260 CPU, H2-ECOM100 and H2-ERM. We also have some expansion I/O using the D2-CM and D2-EM. If we upgrade to the D2-262, what do else would we need to upgrade. I'm guessing firmware, but not sure about the older ECOM and ERM units, will this all still work as is with the D2-262?? I don't want to run into a problem in the middle of the upgrade.
    Thanks ahead for any information.

Here is the appropriate manual chapter: https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...user/appxj.pdf
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
      Here is the appropriate manual chapter: https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...user/appxj.pdf
      Thanks I'm another job (not in the office) and these folks wanted an answer quick. You guys are great. Looks like all my existing hardware is good to go. Again thanks!

Comment

So, as long as you aren't using a D2-CTRINT in your system, a D2-262 is a drop in replacement, speed boost for a D2-260? Cool! I have a 260 here that struggles a little on ethernet comms. I'm thinking that the scan times are affecting that a little (don't remember offhand what they were, but it's at least in the dozens of ms). A faster processor might shovel data to the ECOM100 a little faster.

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz View Post
          So, as long as you aren't using a D2-CTRINT in your system, a D2-262 is a drop in replacement, speed boost for a D2-260? Cool! I have a 260 here that struggles a little on ethernet comms. I'm thinking that the scan times are affecting that a little (don't remember offhand what they were, but it's at least in the dozens of ms). A faster processor might shovel data to the ECOM100 a little faster.
          That's what it looks like to me. Good deal it's cheaper than the D2-260 also!

Comment

Working...
          X