Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinker
    replied
    How long of lengths are you measuring? it is a six digit counter, 99999.9 feet is nearly 20 miles can you just set a decimal point and use a scaling factor of .004? if not, I suppose a different encoder might be the best option, though if you are counting full revolutions, possibly just a simple proximity sensor might do (supposing the rotation is only in one direction).
    Off hand I don't know of a counter with a broader scaling range, they may well exist, but I don't know of one. If changing the encoder is a big problem one could pre-scale the counts a number of ways, how fast is this line? I'd be tempted to just throw a D-More BRX between the encoder and counter (or even replace the counter with a small HMI, or serial LED numeric display) of course that would be rather expensive, and I think the BRX is limited to 100kHz , only 40 RPS with 2500 count encoder, less than 30MPH. Some models of the CLICK line also have high speed counting, For a home hacker one could use an Arduino though that would need some level shifting on input and output

Leave a comment:

• johnaden
    replied
    Is the encoder directly coupled to a drive shaft, or on a wheel rolling on the product? If a wheel, can you change its diameter to fall in the correct scaling factor?

Leave a comment:

• genebond
    replied
    Can you use a scale factor of .004, then divide by 10 to another register...?

Leave a comment:

• coda87
    started a topic CTT Counter & Encoder

CTT Counter & Encoder

I am using a CTT counter with (hopefully) a 2500 PPR encoder. In my case, 1 revolution = 1 foot of product output.

For scaling the counter, From the manual it says the range of the scale factor is 0.001 to 99.999. With my application, the scaling factor is 1/2500 = 0.0004, less than the low end of the range.

Am I just out of luck, and need to go to to a 1000 PPR encoder (1/1000 = 0.001 low end of the scale), or use a different counter?

Is there something I can do with this 2500 ppr encoder/counter to get the correct units to register?
Working...
X