Click Memory Retention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click Memory Retention

The many Click models show a difference between "No Battery Backup" and "With Retentive Memory" models.

I've read the manual and specs and I haven't found what's the difference...

Should I understand that the No Battery model doesn't have the slot for the lithium battery? Or that it has the slot but you have to buy a battery for it?

Does the Retentive Memory model has flash or other type memory, and thus doesn't require a battery backup? Or does this mean that it has a slot for the battery and the battery retains the data?

If somebody clarifies this for me, I will be very grateful.

Regards
    Last edited by Do-more PE; 12-22-2017, 10:07 AM.

The program is stored in flash on all models so that won't be lost regardless.
    All model have "super capacitor" that can retain data memory (and the real time clock on model so equipped) for at least a weekend from my experience. If a battery is installed (Battery sold separately) in the models that are set up for a battery, data memory (and the clock) will be maintained as long as the battery lasts.

All models have the battery slot in the plastic housing, so don't be confused by that, the models that are not explicitly described as having battery backup (and RTC) have no electrical connections to said slot.

BTW, while the battery is not the most common size, they can be found elsewhere (e.g. DigiKey) for about 1/4 ADC's price.

Comment

Right on track! Thank you!

I believe Click PLCs are the most efficient solution for many applications.

I was looking into Arduinos and Raspberries, but with all the extra hardware needed, a Click PLC can do most of the things a nano computer can do for my particular applications, with less (maybe a lot less) effort.

Thanks again.
      Last edited by dzenizo; 11-21-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

IF the battery is purchased from another source, besides ADC, it MUST BE a PANASONIC version ONLY. Other manufacturers of this coin cell battery do not have the indentation around the one side perimeter and will not properly fit into the battery holder & compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by CLIQUE_NEWT View Post
          IF the battery is purchased from another source, besides ADC, it MUST BE a PANASONIC version ONLY. Other manufacturers of this coin cell battery do not have the indentation around the one side perimeter and will not properly fit into the battery holder & compartment.
          That was a lesson learned...

Comment

Working...
          X