Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity 2000/3000 Structure

Hi,
    I'm trying to learn how to use the Productivity software. One of the things I was trying to use was the Structure data type. I was expecting something similar to the UDT (user data type) in RSLogix 5000, but it seems that there are only pre-built structures, like Timers, Counters, etc.
    My question is: can I create my own structures, selecting the elements that I want?

Thanks!

Nobody knows about this topic or I wasn't very clear in my explanation?

Comment

Yes, user defined types are a very powerful and necessary component of Control/Compact Logix. The next generation of Do-More will at least partly implement the equivalent. You might wait and use one of those. No idea how PxK works so I can't help you with that one.

Comment

Currently in Productivity Suite software you can not create your own structures (UDT) like in RSLogix5000, only pre-built structures are available.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
          Currently in Productivity Suite software you can not create your own structures (UDT) like in RSLogix5000, only pre-built structures are available.
          Any plans to add this feature in the near future?

Comment

UDT's are on our list of improvements. However, it is currently in development, therefore we can not determine a timeframe of when this feature will be in a future release.
            If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

UDT's are on our list of improvements. However, it is currently in development, therefore we can not determine a timeframe of when this feature will be in a future release.
              Thank you for your feedback!
              My goal is to replace the CompactLogix with Productivity 2K/3K when possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ControlsGuy View Post
                Yes, user defined types are a very powerful and necessary component of Control/Compact Logix. The next generation of Do-More will at least partly implement the equivalent. You might wait and use one of those. No idea how PxK works so I can't help you with that one.
                ControlsGuy, are you referring to the recent Do-More 1.4 update, or a future hardware or software update?

Comment

Originally posted by Frontier View Post
                  ControlsGuy, are you referring to the recent Do-More 1.4 update, or a future hardware or software update?
                  The current plan is to add user definable structures to 2.0.

Comment

Any news about this feature?

Comment

Nothing in the release notes.
                      Hmm, Maybe V3

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
                        Nothing in the release notes.
                        Hmm, Maybe V3
                        Not in V3 either, yet.
                        My main reason for not replacing the AB CompactLogix with a P2000 or P3000 is not having UDTs. My projects can handle 80 motors. Imagine how labor intensive could be creating 80 x 10 tags only to control the motors...

Comment

I desperately need this feature as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by JulesTop View Post
                            I desperately need this feature as well!!
                            IMHO, AutomationDirect is not making a good choice by not implementing this. I requested UDTs back in 2015. I guess I am not the only one that is waiting for this feature. Big projects require UDTs.

Comment

Originally posted by Elcan View Post

IMHO, AutomationDirect is not making a good choice by not implementing this. I requested UDTs back in 2015. I guess I am not the only one that is waiting for this feature. Big projects require UDTs.
                              I agree... it needs to happen. I am doing a lot of workarounds with arrays to emulate a UDT... UDTs opens up a lot of possibilities with code standardization. Makes getting going on a project incredibly fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X