Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click - Port Forwarding

[RESOLVED See post 18]

I cannot successfully complete the Port Forwarding demo in the video.

I have a Cisco Linksys E2500 router. - As close as I could get to the router from the demo.
    Router WAN 192.168.7.1
    Router LAN 192.168.1.1

I have a WinXP laptop for router config 192.168.1.100
    I have a Win7 laptop for Click programming 192.168.7.231
    I have a CLICK C0-10DRE-D IP 192.168.1.11 Gateway 192.168.1.1 (router LAN IP)

From either laptop, I can ping the respective router network connections.
    From the WinXP laptop, I can ping the CLICK at .1.11
    From the Win7 laptop, I cannot connect to the CLICK through the router.
    I get Error PTC-007 'Cannot connect to the PLC'

Other than exact IP addresses as used in the video, minor differences in router model and firmware differences and a single CLICK, I have copied the steps in the video.

In following posts, I will include screen shots of the router setup pages.
    Last edited by kewakl; 12-16-2015, 01:27 PM. Reason: resolved

In the Setup-Basic Setup screenshot, you can see the WAN/LAN IP setup.
    In the video, the narrator said that his router required the Gateway settings.
    My router complains about empty DNS 1.

In the Security-Firewall screenshot, I have the IPv6 and IPv4 SPI Firewall disabled.
    In the demo, the IPV4 and IPv6 were not broken out as individual settings
    Also, I have disabled the Filter Anonymous Internet Requests.

In the Wireless-BasicWireless screenshot, I have disabled the 2.5GHz and 5GHz capability.
    Attached Files

Comment

IN the AppsGaming screenshot, I have the same port configuration as CLICK1 in the video.
      Attached Files

Comment

I can do the respective pings to the router.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by kewakl; 12-14-2015, 11:41 AM. Reason: Change LAN Ping image to show Windows Ver XP

Comment

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comment

Make sure your Click port setup has the router IP address (192.168.1.1) for the gateway setting.

Be sure that you are pointing the Click software at port 5555 when adding the Outside network link.
            If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
              Make sure your Click port setup has the router IP address (192.168.1.1) for the gateway setting.
              Will check in the morning!
              [EDIT] It is.

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
              Be sure that you are pointing the Click software at port 5555 when adding the Outside network link.
              I know that I have done this.

Thanks Do-More PE!

[EDIT] Still errors out --- PTC-007 - cannot connect
              Have attempted this with firewall disabled - no connection.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kewakl; 12-15-2015, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Do you have multiple Network Interfaces on the PC trying to connect to CLICK on the WAN side of the router (192.168.7.xxx)?

What is the IP address and subnet mask of the other interfaces?

I would disable any other interfaces for troubleshooting purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson View Post
                  Do you have multiple Network Interfaces on the PC trying to connect to CLICK on the WAN side of the router (192.168.7.xxx)?

No, only the laptop WIRED ethernet
                  n/a
                  I did disable the silly USB Dock ethernet and the wireless connection. Still cannot connect to the CLick thru the router.

Comment

Can you wireshark on the inside of the router (from the router to the CLICK PLC)?

I would, as a test, change the external port on the router setup to make it the same as the inside: 25425.

Try to isolate whether the problem is a router issue or not. Routers are quirky on the best of days...

Comment

I cannot Wireshark anytime soon.
                      Tested changing the port number from 5555 to 25425 - still no connection.
                      Will see if my IT guy has another router - preferably the same E1000 as in demo.
                      I'll also try to get him involved.
                      I will post if I make progress..

Thank you for your input.

Comment

There's your issue. Your laptop gateway is pointed at 192.168.7.253 instead of 192.168.7.1.

Gateways have to point at the device that is routing traffic both ways. I am guessing that you actually have another router connected to this same network that is routing traffic to the internet and that is where the 192.168.7.253 address is coming from.
                        Last edited by Do-more PE; 12-15-2015, 08:36 AM.
                        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I tried changing the gateway on the laptop. No luck.
                          In the video, the laptop's gateway is 0.0.0.0 - as seen from 06:25 onwards.
                          When I get the other laptop back to the bench, I will try 0.0.0.0.......

I am not connecting to any other network devices.
                          I am only using the two laptops, the router and the CLICK.
                          No internet connection. Is this a problem?

Comment

Shouldn't be. I'll look over the screenshots again to see if there is anything else that I missed.

Comment

I really appreciate the effort of all who responded. Thank you.
                              This is NOT a production task, just trying to put another tool in the toolbox.
                              I hope to move to the VPN demo next.

Comment

Working...
                              X