Productivity Tag Addresses for C-More HMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity Tag Addresses for C-More HMI

When I Import the tags from the Productivity software file generated from my project the tag addresses appear and the C-More software shows this address.

However, I can't find where to assign these addresses in the Productivity software. I am using a Productivity 2000 processor (P2-550) and a C-more EA9-T8CL.

Is there a way to assign the address in the Productivity software that I can also assign in the C-More software?

The Productivity Series is tag based so the system Ids(addresses) are assigned by the controller. The system ids can be viewed in the tag database by left clicking on the column headers in the tag database and choosing "system Id".

Comment

As poster above described, it's a one-way deal. Create tags in Productivity (or import tags, whatever) so it can choose the address, then import to Cmore. I too find this can be annoying (I'm used to working with DirectSoft, different addressing philosophy). A workaround is, when working in Cmore and you create a new tag, give it an arbitrary address. Create (or import) same tagname in Productivity, then use newly-saved Pro ...basic.csv file re-import into Cmore choosing "overwrite existing tags" the tag name will stay the same but address will be updated in Cmore.

Note that Cmore can have multiple tagnames reference the same address, but not vice-versa (can't accidentally have the same tagname twice to reference different addresses).

(Above is how I remember it, please test to confirm for yourself before implementing!)

Comment

A workaround is, when working in Cmore and you create a new tag, give it an arbitrary address. Create (or import) same tagname in Productivity, then use newly-saved Pro
        Yes. Good advice.
        When I am developing a new CMore project, I will create several INTERNAL tags with a prefix INTERNAL_ .
        One (or more) of each datatype that I will be using.
        I will assign this tag to HMI control TAG fields - based on the required datatype.
        Then after working out the tag database in the P3K (or whichever CPU) I will then replace the INTERNAL tags with the correct tag.
        This way, I can build controls (or groups of controls,) without knowing beforehand, the tags that I will be using.
        The INTERNAL tags are then easy to find using the Tag Cross Reference.
        The EA9 allows sorting of columns in the XREF dialog, so the INTERNAL_ tags are easier to find when XREF by screen number.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
          Then after working out the tag database in the P3K (or whichever CPU) I will then replace the INTERNAL tags with the correct tag.
          The INTERNAL tags are then easy to find using the Tag Cross Reference.
          The EA9 allows sorting of columns in the XREF dialog, so the INTERNAL_ tags are easier to find when XREF by screen number.
          That is interesting, good idea. Don't quite understand how you "replace" with the correct tag, does this require going to each Cmore object and changing the tag?

Comment

Working...
          X