PID Output Limit Settings Addr+31

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PID Output Limit Settings Addr+31

If I increase the "control output value upper limit setting" while running and the PV is far from reaching the SP, will the output instantly go to the new "upper limit" or will it be gradual?

For instance:
    PV=0
    SP=100
    Addr+31=2044

If I change Addr+31 to 4095 will the output instantly change to 4095?

(I hope I didn't simplify this too much as I'm kind of throwing the Prop,Int,Derv out of my scenario.)

Originally posted by clasentech View Post
    If I increase the "control output value upper limit setting" while running and the PV is far from reaching the SP, will the output instantly go to the new "upper limit" or will it be gradual?

For instance:
    PV=0
    SP=100
    Addr+31=2044

If I change Addr+31 to 4095 will the output instantly change to 4095?

(I hope I didn't simplify this too much as I'm kind of throwing the Prop,Int,Derv out of my scenario.)
    Addr+31 cannot be changed while in run mode. You can actually change the value but the plc will not recognize the new value until you perfrom a mode change (run/program/run). See chapter 8 pg 20 note 3 in the 205 series PLC manual.

Comment

If you want to do this, just copy the bias into a register, set the loop mode bit to manual, and then have another rung that will monitor the loop mode status bit so that as soon as the mode goes to manual it will set the loop back to auto, as soon as the loop goes back into auto load the bias that you just recorded back into the loop, and you will not see a bump in the output.
      Circumstances don't determine who we are, they only reveal it.
      Jason Wolthuis

Comment

Working...
      X