InTouch with CLICK PLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InTouch with CLICK PLC

I'm new to MODBUS and am trying to connect a Wonderware MODBUS I/O Server to a CLICK PLC. In setting up the Server, I've chosen MODBUS ASCII, the baud rate of 38400 and the correct COM port but the I/O Server makes me define a TOPIC as well to complete the configuration. This MODBUS Topic Definition only allows certain choices such as: 484PLC, 584/984PLC, E Model PLC, Micro84, Omni Flow Computer, Daniel Flow Comp, Elliott and Micromotion.

Which one of these, if any, work for a CLICK PLC?

Thanks for any suggestions. This is just a hobby application for me and I'm getting into a new area to learn so this is probably a pretty lame question.

Click is a MODBUS RTU slave. MODBUS ASCII is rarely used anymore.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

InTouch with CLICK PLC

OK but do you know how to connect InTouch (or the MODBUS IO Server) to a CLICK PLC? I'm just trying to replicate the C-More micro panel which works great...whatever protocol it uses.

Comment

If the in touch have rs232 and uses MODBUS RTU then look at the pinout of the intouch and the pins of the click and make a cable. If the intouch works with rs485 do the same but you will have to get a click with the 3rd port which is rs485.And 984 might be the protocol the click uses.
        Last edited by andremholmes; 03-22-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

What I am saying is that there are different flavors (if you will) of MODBUS. MODBUS ASCII is one flavor, but it is an old standard that Click does not support. You need to pick MODBUS RTU as the protocol in Intouch. From there it should be a matter of setting up the baud, parity, etc and connecting.
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X