Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a "Insert Rung" KB shortcut for P3k/ProSuite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a "Insert Rung" KB shortcut for P3k/ProSuite?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I searched the forum and the help files and could not find a Keyboard Shortcut to insert a Rung. Almost every other function, command & instruction has a shortcut. It would seem very weird for the engineers to not have included a Shortcut for Insert Rung.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sid

Originally posted by sshneider View Post
    It would seem very weird for the engineers to not have included a Shortcut for Insert Rung.
    Try pressing the "insert" key, an "enter" key press after the this will insert a rung before the cursor.

If a extra column is desired before the cursor, press "insert", "c", then "enter"

If a extra space for a branch is required, press "insert", "w", then "enter".
    PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The fine art of whacking the devil out of an electronic device to get it to work again.

Vaughn

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion and no joy. A Sub-rung is inserted by pressing the "ENTER" key and when you press and hold the "ENSERT" key and then hit "ENTER" you also get a sub-rung.

I think the KB shortcuts you are referring to apply to Direct Soft but, P3K is a whole other Animal. It's cool but it could use a couple of bells and whistles.

Thanks in advance to others who may have found out the secret to a KB rung insert!

Comment

To insert a rung press "CTRL+Insert". This will allow you to choose how many rungs you wish to insert and will place them above the rung you currently have selected. All the keyboard shortcuts available are in the Help files Topic P092.

Comment

Ctrl+Insert shortcut will be supported in the next release 1.6 of the Productivity Software.
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

A word of "Thanks" to the ADC P3K Engineering Dept. for chiming in and confirmining my observation that there is no KB shortcut at this time in ProSuite.

But ALAS, you TEASE us with the mention of Ver 1.6 . Any word on a approx release date?

Thank you!

Comment

A word of "Thanks" to the ADC P3K Engineering Dept. for chiming in and confirmining my observation that there is no KB shortcut at this time in ProSuite.

But ALAS, you TEASE us with the mention of Ver 1.6 . Any word on a approx release date?

Thank you!

Comment

Soon™.

Seriously though, if you want to know about Software and Firmware updates, subscribe to our free notification services.
                If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

P3K KB Shortcut for Toggle Bit-Does it exist?

OK ADC App Assist. Thanks for the heads up on the updates page. I went and signed up.

Next Question.... (I should probably rename this thread to just P3K Shortcuts) but here goes....

Is there a keyboard shortcut to "Toggle" a bit on/off. Currently I am having to go to Data View (which involves opening up another screen) and then checking 2 check boxes (Value & Edit) to get the "bit in question" to change state. It's kind of a pain"

If this feature is not in there, I would suggest it to be in future releases.

Thanks for any replies.

Sid

Comment

It is not in there currently, but it is a good suggestion. I'll send it off to the P3k Engineer for his database.

Comment

Well, since I have your attention might I suggest that the Toggle Bit AND Force Bit commands be options that appear/are available when the user right clicks over an applicable instruction. Thank You!

Comment

Working...
                      X