click BCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• click BCD

I am new to using the click plc (C0-00D2-D) I could use a little help with using BCD. I have a 2-digit thumbwheel I would like to use for picking recipes. I used the FRD instruction when using AB software but I am not sure how to go about it using the click software a little help with what instructions needed would be appreciated thanks

In the help "Data types", it states that the Click does not support BCD. If necessary, I am sure you could write a math function combined with logic to do a conversion.
    ADEN ENGINEERING
    Automation & Electronic Controls

Design, Build, Repair, Training

Comment

What is the make and part number of the thumbwheel?
      If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

I'm curious, are you using 8 inputs, or 4 inputs and an output to scan the switch sections?
        If a straight 8 bit input of consecutive inputs, one could "pack copy" to a DH register (the CLICK only allows "pack (or unpack) to (or from) a "hex" register) then "single copy" said register to a DS register to use as a regular integer. Now one potential issue of that very basic method is that the numeric value won't match what the switch is showing (e.g. 4A is not a valid decimal number, but each switch setting will have a unique value , e.g. 74 for 4A, also what looks like a normal decimal number won't be what one might expect for example switch setting 22 = 34. Copy between integer types does, I think, a straight bitwise copy without considering types. But an additional line or two of code could fix that easily enough. While I didn't load it into an actual PLC and try it, the math dialog did not give an error with:
        Code:
         DH1 AND F0h * 10h + DH1 AND Fh
        with a destination of DH2, Note that when in hex mode everything has to be hex, I can imagine some parentheses could be needed, I think AND should have higher precedence than arithmetic operators, but I'm not certain.

I wish the CLICK had a simulator (or better a BRX the same price as a CLICK in which case I'd just not bother with the CLICK at all)

Comment

Thanks for the help. The thumb wheel P/N (642-SMCD131AK2). I will be using 8 inputs

Comment

Try this out
            Attached Files
            If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
            X