Best practice for power source for NPN sensor and C0-10DD1E-D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best practice for power source for NPN sensor and C0-10DD1E-D

What is the best practice for providing power to two NPN sensors that I will connect to a Click C0-10DD1E-D PLC? I am using C0-01AC. Can I use the 24 vdc power from the C0-01AC or should the sensors be powered by a separate power supply. Using the C0-01AC to power the sensors sure would be simple...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chad

The 24vdc supply for controller should not be used for I/O. I have the 1.3A which powers the controller and for two I/O modules that require 24vdc, I use a second 24vdc supply.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't worry about powering sensors with the same power supply as the PLC. On the other hand, if I can, I prefer to power output loads, especially significant inductive loads like larger contactors or solenoid valves. with a separate power supply. However, sometimes that is inconvenient or expensive one will see quite a bit of commercial equipment that uses (and gets away with) a singe DC supply for all the low voltage stuff.

Comment

I wouldnt ever power devices with the PLC's 24v power. How many have had burnt outputs? Just imagine that spike going to the CPU, now instead of a dead output you have a whole PLC thats dead.

Comment

Loads should always be suppressed, but I am in the separate power supply boat. I'd a lot rather spring for another power supply for my expensive electronics than replace any of it due to spiking, shorts, etc from putting all on one.
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Personally, I'd spring for a separate power supply for I/O, because any savings now seen in not providing an isolated source, will be lost in the later replacing of parts.
            Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
            X