Using KOYO software with CLICK PLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using KOYO software with CLICK PLC

Can I use KOYO's PLC software with the CLICK PLC?

KOYO's SJ series looks identical to the CLICK PLC.

I would bet that at a minimum it would require different firmware not available in the US.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Bernie is right. The firmware is totally different.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
        Bernie is right. The firmware is totally different.
        Do you thing it would be possible to load the "wrong" firmware into it?

Comment

Ask Koyo Japan
          thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

It might work, but then again you are just as likely to end up with a paperweight. I really don't know if there are any physical differences or not.
            If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I'm a little confused by the whole project. Since the Click software is written for the relevant hardware, is free, and is in English (no idea if the SJ software can do English), why the desire to turn in into a Franken-SJ? What would be gained?

Comment

Originally posted by ControlsGuy View Post
                I'm a little confused by the whole project. Since the Click software is written for the relevant hardware, is free, and is in English (no idea if the SJ software can do English), why the desire to turn in into a Franken-SJ? What would be gained?
                The Koyo software allows you to import a .txt file with mnemonics for the program. I'd like to use a scripting language (Python) to write the .txt file.

My goal is write software that uses information from spreadsheets to automate programming. Similar to using TIA Openess using XML.
                Last edited by Jstodden; 01-05-2019, 08:57 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Oh, OK. Just saw your other thread and thought maybe that's what this was about. Check my reply in the other thread.

Comment

The Koyo SJ series does way more than that. That software is more powerful the the USA click version. Who makes the decisions to produce a less performing product for the USA? Maybe the SJ version would conflict with other USA products AD sells.

Comment

I'm sure that's what it is. If you count Click as separate from Direct Logic, ADC has FOUR PLC lines to keep in their own sandboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by a agnone View Post
                        The Koyo SJ series does way more than that. That software is more powerful the the USA click version. Who makes the decisions to produce a less performing product for the USA? Maybe the SJ version would conflict with other USA products AD sells.
                        Click is exactly what ADC wants it to be for the target market. A major consideration for that market is simplicity and ease of support.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post

Click is exactly what ADC wants it to be for the target market. A major consideration for that market is simplicity and ease of support.
                          Being that the SJ's also do PID and have a far greater instruction set, it would also compete against P1K, BRX and some of the DL stuff. That could possibly effect their bottom line.

I would do some really shady stuff to be able to get a supply of SJ-30DD1-D's. They are *ideal* for 90% of our product line. That's 300 some odd SKU's.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon_ View Post

Being that the SJ's also do PID and have a far greater instruction set, it would also compete against P1K, BRX and some of the DL stuff. That could possibly effect their bottom line.

I would do some really shady stuff to be able to get a supply of SJ-30DD1-D's. They are *ideal* for 90% of our product line. That's 300 some odd SKU's.
                            At the point that ADC created Click, there was nothing to compete with. ADC was trying to add a product that targeted the smart relay business, and Click was designed for that. They close to not offer more at that price point because Free Phone Support + Complex Nearly Free PLC = Fail. To sell a super cheap PLC to a broad market it had to be easy, or you spend $2 in support for every $1 you make. For folks like yourself who seem to value cost over all else, that may be fine choice, but it really isn't a win/win. Rest assured you won't find free technical support like ADC offers, firmware fixes in days, or people like myself answering your questions 7 days a week.

Comment

Working...
                            X