About Click's new high speed input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Click's new high speed input

Trying to understand how to use the new high speed input frequency mode. Does this basically just do the math and store the result in a table location?

Under 'Setup' go to 'High Speed Input'. Choose a mode, the input(s) being used and the destination register.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

I am looking for more info on how it works, like refresh rate or compares.

Comment

Originally posted by bilt2spd View Post
        Trying to understand how to use the new high speed input frequency mode. Does this basically just do the math and store the result in a table location?
        if connected properly, the result of the input goes to the destination you specified in setup

Comment

Originally posted by bilt2spd View Post
          I am looking for more info on how it works, like refresh rate or compares.
          Being as it is "high speed" I'd guess it is likely done in hardware and "refresh rate" might not really apply as far as counting goes. The compares I don't know about, but I really, really doubt it is done as a normal scan operation, even if it is done in software I'd think it is interrupt driven and again "refresh rate" may not really be applicable.

Since there is very little (i.e none) really low level system information publically available on the CLICK ( first, the target audience would generally not need, understand, or want it, second, pretty much nobody provides that kind of information anymore) If you realty want to know about timing I'd suggest buying a 'scope and experimenting.

Comment

Working...
          X