Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There Only One Way To Connect A CLICK PLC To A C-More EA9 HMI?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Only One Way To Connect A CLICK PLC To A C-More EA9 HMI?

Hi all,

I have already purchased a CLICK model C0-12DRE-D (it has Ethernet, RS-232 and RS-485). Now I'm looking at purchasing a EA9-T7CL-R HMI. Looking at page 13 of the technical installation manual for the HMI it says that with the CLICK only "MODBUS CLICK" is supported:

https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...9userm/ch1.pdf

Does that means that the only way to interface the PLC to the HMI is via a
    EA-2CBL cable, or can I use the Ethernet connection on the PLC to communicate to the HMI directly via an ethernet cable(this would be ideal for my situation).

Thanks.

The Click manual says it supports Modbus TCP as a server so try using the generic Modbus TCP client driver on the panel.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

C-more software version 6.4 supports the Click Ethernet driver.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Hello, New to the PLC programming world so hopefully this is an easy question that seems to relate to the OP's.

I am using a C0-10DD1E-D Click PLC (1 Ethernet Port, 1 RS-232 Port) with an EA3-S3ML-R HMI (1 RS-232 Port). I have my PC connected to my PLC via the Ethernet Port and the PLC to the HMI via the RS-232 Ports. Currently, when I want to upload a new program to the HMI, I have to unplug the cable running to the RS-232 port on the PLC and connect it to the PC via an Automation Direct USB to RS-232 converter.

Instead of this method, is there a way to the leave the PC to PLC to HMI connections and upload a new program from the PC to the HMI "through" the PLC connection? Hopefully that makes sense.

Comment

C-more HMI's do not support "pass through" programming.
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X