New to CLICK PLC and need some input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to CLICK PLC and need some input

I am working on writing CLiCK PLC for automating a simple instrument. the instrument detects the water (sensor) in the plastic line as soon as it is injected into to line (load mode) from external source and after few seconds, it should switch to inject mode and injects a small amount of water into another line. After this is done, it should switch back to load mode.

When I run this code down there, it does notcome back to load mode. (since it does not allow to do two output).
    Could you please some one throw some suggestions on how to write this code?
    Attached Files

There are two Y2 Out coils in the program. Last one wins.
    Try using two Cbits and then logic to turn on Y2 or all the logic in one line with a single Y2 Output coil.

Comment

As soon as the sensor (X001) turns off it will turn off the timer so that rung 3 can never be true. Do you want to remember that the water was seen and run the timer even if the water is not seen again? Or do you want to inject the water (Y002) only after water has been detected on the first line for a full 5 seconds? How long do you want the water injection to remain on?

The first rung doesn't make much sense. Why are you using the immediate form of the X001 contact? It is saying 'if X1 is on then turn on Y2'

You need to think about what you want and restate it.
      Last edited by bcarlton; 02-12-2019, 03:05 PM.
      thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Bernie, Thanks for your suggestions and input.

Let me make more clear.

we have a two position sample injector valve with liquid sensor, is connected to digital valve interface (DVI), which are both interfaced to logic controller.

When we load liquid sample (10ml) into sample injector, it has a loop (2ml), which fills up first and the moment the liquid exits from loop, the sensor detects liquid, the excess liquid (8 ml) will exit out. During this time, DVI is (should be) in load mode, so the loop is open. As soon as sensor detects, the DVI switches to inject mode, fires 2 ml of this liquid in the loop into a separate line for our interest. After few seconds, the DVI switches back to load mode so DVI should inject (fire) only once.

Currently my sensor has some issues, i am trying to fix it and rewrite the rungs...

Comment

Here is one try at this. PDF is also attached for those without the free Click software.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bcarlton; 02-15-2019, 02:39 PM.
          thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Working...
          X