New to CLICK PLC and need some input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to CLICK PLC and need some input

I am working on writing CLiCK PLC for automating a simple instrument. the instrument detects the water (sensor) in the plastic line as soon as it is injected into to line (load mode) from external source and after few seconds, it should switch to inject mode and injects a small amount of water into another line. After this is done, it should switch back to load mode.

When I run this code down there, it does notcome back to load mode. (since it does not allow to do two output).
    Could you please some one throw some suggestions on how to write this code?
    Attached Files

There are two Y2 Out coils in the program. Last one wins.
    Try using two Cbits and then logic to turn on Y2 or all the logic in one line with a single Y2 Output coil.

Comment

As soon as the sensor (X001) turns off it will turn off the timer so that rung 3 can never be true. Do you want to remember that the water was seen and run the timer even if the water is not seen again? Or do you want to inject the water (Y002) only after water has been detected on the first line for a full 5 seconds? How long do you want the water injection to remain on?

The first rung doesn't make much sense. Why are you using the immediate form of the X001 contact? It is saying 'if X1 is on then turn on Y2'

You need to think about what you want and restate it.
      Last edited by bcarlton; 02-12-2019, 03:05 PM.
      thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Bernie, Thanks for your suggestions and input.

Let me make more clear.

we have a two position sample injector valve with liquid sensor, is connected to digital valve interface (DVI), which are both interfaced to logic controller.

When we load liquid sample (10ml) into sample injector, it has a loop (2ml), which fills up first and the moment the liquid exits from loop, the sensor detects liquid, the excess liquid (8 ml) will exit out. During this time, DVI is (should be) in load mode, so the loop is open. As soon as sensor detects, the DVI switches to inject mode, fires 2 ml of this liquid in the loop into a separate line for our interest. After few seconds, the DVI switches back to load mode so DVI should inject (fire) only once.

Currently my sensor has some issues, i am trying to fix it and rewrite the rungs...

Comment

Here is one try at this. PDF is also attached for those without the free Click software.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bcarlton; 02-15-2019, 02:39 PM.
          thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Bernie
            Thank you very much and My sensor broke down, I am trying to fix it. I will let you know soon.

Comment

Hello I'm new to the Click Series PLC but have used the DL05..450 Controllers.

Why are there XD and YD registers and what are they there for or why would I use them?

Thanks

John Wilson
              73... AI6JW

Comment

Originally posted by AI6JW View Post
                Hello I'm new to the Click Series PLC but have used the DL05..450 Controllers.

Why are there XD and YD registers and what are they there for or why would I use them?

Thanks

John Wilson
                73... AI6JW

Why are there XD and YD registers
                This is an open-ended question. I do not know WHY these registers exist, they do and....
                XDn is a word that stores all of the bits of an individual digital input (card) register (eg. XD0 contains all digital inputs on CPU)
                YDn is a word that stores all of the bits of an individual digital output (card) register (eg. YD1 contains all digital outputs for the first expansion card)
                ----Where 'n' is the physical location of CPU/I/O card (0-8)
                This CPU's IO is bit-mapped. The registers/I/O tables exist whether or not a physical card is installed/configured for a particular location.
                what are they there for or why would I use them?
                There are many ​​​​​​uses for these registers.
                ------the input/output images are already in a numeric format
                1. Communications - send/receive the status of the whole I/O card in one numeric value - No need to (pack/unpack) (before/after) (send/receive)
                2. Sequencing - If a program is setup to act as a sequencer one could compare the whole input/output card status to determine if the sequencer can continue
                3. Numeric weight - could be used for parallel-in/parallel-out (admittedly old-style here) - think thumbwheel on inputs, larson/cylon scanner on outputs
                Last edited by kewakl; 03-18-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlton View Post
                  Here is one try at this. PDF is also attached for those without the free Click software.
                  Hi Bernie
                  I was implementing the code you wrote in the CLICK software. It asks to update the current version (2.20). Instead, I rewrote on the current version. But when I run the software, it does not do anything.

1. Is it because of software version ?
                  2. or because of additional module ( C0-08ND3-1 to C0-01DR-D) i connected together.

Thanks
                  Ned

Comment

After placing it in run what is the value in DS1? If it is 0 do you then have an input on X001?
                    Last edited by bcarlton; 04-23-2019, 11:00 AM.
                    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

After placing it in run what is the value in DS1? If it is 0 do you then have an input on X001?
                      Yes, DS1 is 0, you mean, it is waiting for flow signal (on X001)?
                      I have added a module (C0-08ND3-1), the input is no longer X1 but 1 on new module?

Comment

Yes, it is waiting for the input. Change all the references to X001 to the changed address of the input.
                        Last edited by bcarlton; 04-23-2019, 12:27 PM.
                        thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Yes, it is waiting for the input. Change all the references to X001 to the changed address of the input.
                          Yes, thanks, I changed it to X101 as in 2nd module. Now it responds to flow but I am still figuring out why it is not triggering to inject mode (Y002). It jumps between T1 and T2 for every 5 seconds.

Comment

While T2 is timing the output Y002 should be on. Make sure there is no other Y2 output reference in your program. I had assumed that the input would turn off during this sequence. If you are leaving it on then it will repeat as you noted.
                            Last edited by bcarlton; 04-23-2019, 01:11 PM.
                            thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

How do I set it to go back to load mode after one injection?

Comment

Working...
                              X