Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Inputs Unresponsive

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to the CLICK PLC so this might be an easy fix, but my inputs aren't responding from the physical devices and I can't force them on via the data view window.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Is the PLC switch set to RUN?

Comment

Is the switch set to run? Been there a time or two, easy to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerR View Post
        Is the PLC switch set to RUN?
        Yes the switch is on RUN, I'm able to force my Outputs on with the data view window

Comment

Originally posted by durallymax View Post
          Is the switch set to run? Been there a time or two, easy to forget.
          Yes the switch is on RUN, I'm able to force my Outputs on with the data view window

Comment

I'm assuming you have the DC commons attached to your 24VDC power supply. Can you provide a pic of your wiring?

Comment

did you verify your config online with the processor?

Comment

Originally posted by quaizywabbit View Post
                did you verify your config online with the processor?
                Do you mean on the Setup>System config menu? If so than yes I can see my unit and the addition output card I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Adisharr View Post
                  I'm assuming you have the DC commons attached to your 24VDC power supply. Can you provide a pic of your wiring?
                  I have my power supply connected to the PLC via the terminals on the bottom. Then I have a signal wire coming from an input to a PB then the other side of the PB is connected to common which comes back to the common associated to that input. Should I still be able to force the inputs on through data view even if the wiring is incorrect ?

https://imgur.com/a/Hs1MYUT

https://imgur.com/a/1qHj7yq

Comment

I can't tell, but if you have your Click power supply also providing voltage for your I/O, that's a no-no.
                    Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
                      I can't tell, but if you have your Click power supply also providing voltage for your I/O, that's a no-no.
                      Yeah I just have the one power supply. By wiring it to the PLC doesn't that give power to the IO terminals and commons? The configuration turns my outputs on still, just not the inputs.

Comment

Yeah I just have the one power supply. By wiring it to the PLC doesn't that give power to the IO terminals and commons?
                        No, see wiring diagram below highlighted are the power supply connections for the inputs to be sourcing or sinking.

Are you placing the inputs in "Override"?(Help topic CL160) If not you will not be able to force them in data view. They will show the status of the physical input. The outputs can be forced in dataview as long as they are not used in ladder.

Click image for larger version  Name:	click.PNG Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	121358
                        Last edited by IMNCTRL; 03-18-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X