• Can't edit a rung comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Click rung comment error.png
Views:	54
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	123890 Dell Latitude 7285 tablet computer
    Windows 10 Pro
    Click ver 2.40 programming software

Have had the software opened for the last 3+ hours monitoring an application online to the Click. Made a change to a rung and wish to edit rung comment to reflect change, and get this popup:
    Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Some one wrote a while ago, in response to a differ invalid path error in the CLICK software, that this is a Windows error with a temporary file, might be permission or something like that.

If clicking "OK" let you continue working, consider yourself lucky, the other day I tried to add a comment to a CLICK program on my laptop (XP I think) and the CLCIK software crashed (no message, gust locked up). It otherwise worked, I was able to edit ladder and upload it to the PLC, monitor the PLC etc. but not add comment

BTW, if the CLICK software crashes one has to kill the communication process (don't remember the name off hand) before restarting the CLICK software, restarting the whole computer works, but one can also selectively kill it with task manager (while I don't remember the process name, I have been able to figure it out in the past just by looking at the list of processes)

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker View Post
      BTW, if the CLICK software crashes one has to kill the communication process (don't remember the name off hand) before restarting the CLICK software, restarting the whole computer works, but one can also selectively kill it with task manager (while I don't remember the process name, I have been able to figure it out in the past just by looking at the list of processes)
      You would be looking for KECommServer.exe (Koyo Electronics Communications Server [Module])
      You should only have to force-terminate this process if you have been online or attempted to go online before a software crash.
      Last edited by kewakl; 07-12-2019, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Clicking "OK" had me right back into the software without crash. I note that Windows and firewall applications really don't like the Click environment much.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
          Clicking "OK" had me right back into the software without crash. I note that Windows and firewall applications really don't like the Click environment much.
          Well, if your firewall was installed and configured by an IT department! It seems that IT's main goal is to make PCs useless.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Well, if your firewall was installed and configured by an IT department! It seems that IT's main goal is to make PCs useless.
            Our IT guy is notified every time I download and install software to any one of my employer's computers.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
            X