Stuck in STOP Mode: System error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in STOP Mode: System error

Recently I was working on my CLICK PLC, and, as I was uploading a new program, the PLC gave me a [101] I/O Module Error. I hadn't changed anything except the program I was uploading. I fiddled around with it, disconnecting and reconnecting the IO module (I was sure to turn off the power when I did this), but it didn't make the error go away. The system config even matches my hardware setup.

The problem now is that I can't make the error go away no matter what I do. I've powered it off and on, uploaded different programs, etc., but the error stays. I'm assuming it's because of the error message, but I'm unable to get the PLC out of STOP mode. Even if I flip the mechanical switch to RUN mode, the software won't let me switch over. It loads for a bit, then gives me the message, "PTC-008 The PLC Mode cannot be changed." Not terribly helpful.

Any help?

Do you have a healthy power supply adequate to support the CPU and I/O modules?

Comment

Yes, I'm using an external power supply that's been working fine the last few months.

Comment

If you can, power it down, remove IO, and the power up, connect, and do 'Reset to Factory Default' if it si not a physical hardware fault, this may help.
        see help topic CL099
        I'm grasping here, so YMMV

Comment

Alright, I reset to factory default, and the error went away. Unfortunately, now it looks like none of the outputs are working: I uploaded a simple program to turn Y1 ON, and it's on in Data View, but the PLC output remains off. Additionally, once I toggled between STOP and RUN mode, the error returned. I did a second factory reset, but there's still the output problem. The error hasn't come back yet, so I'm not sure what causes it.

How would I access help topic CL099?

Comment

Originally posted by jeb View Post

How would I access help topic CL099?
            Use the search tab in the help viewer (accessed from the CLICK programing software) . One might think it would be on the index tab, but it is not, use search.

Comment

I see, it's just the index in the help viewer in the software. CL099 just explains how to do a factory reset.

Comment

May be a hardware issue.
                hope not.

i dont remember if click has any diag led patterns at power on.

Comment

Strange. Do you know why a hardware issue would happen all of a sudden while I'm uploading a project? The only thing I can think of is maybe there was like an infinite loop
                  (not that I used any loops...)
                  or something along those lines of causing a "crash" to ruin the system. Is that possible with the CLICK?

Comment

Is this the same pc that you used before?
                    if laptop, is grounding the same?
                    Does the issue change if pc is not connected to click?
                    which click? What cable for programming?

Comment

Same PC, same setup. Disconnecting from the PC doesn't seem to help (the error remains and I can't enter RUN mode).
                      The PLC is the Ethernet Standard PLC, C0-11DRE-D, and I have the Analog IO combo module C0-4AD2DA-2. The programming cable is an ethernet cable.

Comment

Originally posted by jeb View Post
                        Alright, I reset to factory default, and the error went away. Unfortunately, now it looks like none of the outputs are working: I uploaded a simple program to turn Y1 ON, and it's on in Data View, but the PLC output remains off.
                        Did you still have the expansion card connected when you attempted run mode? Did you ensure the system config in your program matched the connected hardware? I like the idea of testing just the CPU and built in I/O, but make sure the expansion card(s) are removed from the system configuration too. Be aware that a CPU fault will turn off the discrete outputs by design.

Additionally, once I toggled between STOP and RUN mode, the error returned. I did a second factory reset, but there's still the output problem. The error hasn't come back yet, so I'm not sure what causes it.
                        So are you saying you have the PLC in run mode with no errors?

Comment

Working...
                        X