Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTC-013 Ethernet Connectivity Error

Hello
    I am running a Click C0-10DD2E-D ethernet PLC, directly connected to my Macbook Pro Running the Click PLC software on Windows 10 through VirtualBox. I am able to Blink the Err and Run lights no problem, and have the IP Address/Gateway set correctly, I think.

When I try to "Connect", I get the PTC-013 Error; "Timeout on attempting to connect to PLC."

Port Setting:
    IP Address: 10.0.2.15
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 10.0.2.2

PLC Network Information:
    IP Address: 10.0.2.1
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 10.0.2.2

Anybody had similar experience and can share what they did to resolve?

Thanks!

Firewall, permissions?
    Any settings in VirtualBox for ethernet.
    I use VirtualBox at home (for older games that do not have win10/X64 support.) I have not networked in virtualbox since the days of Battlefield2

Maybe this will provide some assistance
    https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch...ttings-network
    https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html

Out of curiosity - how well does this arrangement work (macbook-virtualbox/win10...) speed/performance-wise?

Comment

Your Click PLC is physically outside of the Virtualbox NAT router but you have configured it with an IP address for the subnet inside of the NAT router.

Change the IP Address of the Click to be on the same subnet as your Macbook Pro network interface (e.g. 192.168.x.x--the subnet outside of the NAT router) so that the Click software connection will go through the Virtualbox NAT router to connect and not try to look for the Click on the subnet inside of the NAT router.

You see the PTC-013 error in your case because the Click PLC is on the Host network and not the Virtualbox Guest network (Windows 10 VM network interface).

Comment

Thanks ewitcher. This was the solution, although also changing both by MBP and the Virtual Machine to the default network configuration of the Click PLC also solved my issue.

For kewakl - performance isn't stellar as my late-2011 MBP is showing it's age at this point. I've been on company supplied laptops for the last 5 years, and the combination company laptop/iPad has prevented me from buying a personal PC. Unfortunately my company laptop doesn't allow the installation of non-authorized software so I am in this boat.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Comment

Working...
        X