Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NevergoldMel
    replied
    Without a level sensor or a set of float switches you're going to beat up that pump and it will break.
    A fill time delay timer is just going to constantly turn that poor pump on for mere seconds. You need another float at least to start high assuming low limit switch is a float and can be used to stop low.
    Last edited by NevergoldMel; 04-01-2020, 06:56 AM. Reason: saw low limit switch, hoping it's a float switch.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Dice
    replied
    Originally posted by bsinkovich View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	129828
    Try this when you get the I/O working correctly.
    Your code makes sense compared to mine. It did not dawn on me the timer was for a fill time.

Leave a comment:

• BurgerShark
    replied
    Thank you all very much! I totally missed the voltage need for the inputs. I was used to using the dry contacts on the GS series drives for our work projects, which can use either. I will rewire my test panel and test it this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• bsinkovich
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	129828
    Try this when you get the I/O working correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Dice
    replied
    The wiring schematic of your Click, and an attempt to write the PLC code based on my understanding of what you want. You'll want to open DataView 1 to edit DS1 which is the setpoint value of timer 1.

Edit: by default, the time base of Click timers are ms, so if you need a delay time longer than 32.767 seconds, you'll want to change the time base accordingly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Click Wring.png Views:	0 Size:	620.6 KB ID:	129687
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Todd Dice; 03-26-2020, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinker View Post

The inputs on the CLICK need to have voltage applied, simply connecting a switch between C1 and X1 will not work. One way that would work is to connect C1 to DC common, one side of switch to DC+ and other side of switch to X1. If desired one could alternatively connect DC+ to C1 then switch between X1 and DC common
    https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...cs/c002drd.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    replied
    "with the actual switch hooked up to C1 and X1"
    The inputs on the CLICK need to have voltage applied, simply connecting a switch between C1 and X1 will not work. One way that would work is to connect C1 to DC common, one side of switch to DC+ and other side of switch to X1. If desired one could alternatively connect DC+ to C1 then switch between X1 and DC common

Leave a comment:

• Tom@Pton
    replied
    C1 is common. X1 is an input back from your switch. Does the X pilot light come on when that switch is made?

Leave a comment:

• BurgerShark
    started a topic Pump controller project

Pump controller project

Hi, I am trying to write a program to start and stop a pump based on three inputs. I have a Click C0-02DR-D PLC. I can get a limited program to work with 1 input in the override mode but I cant seem to get it to work with the actual switch hooked up to C1 and X1. I messed around with the high speed input settings but no success.
    I have a main power switch (NO,) a NC low limit, and NO interlock on the VFD that closes when the drive is in Run with no faults of errors. I want it to close Y1 when the main switch closes, the low limit is closed, and the NO interlock closes. Any of those three changing state would trigger Y1 to open, if they re close the pump would start, with the exeption of the NC low limit, I would like an on delay timer that would allow the tank to refill before Y1 turns on again.

Any help would be appreciated!
Working...
X