TIG Welder Pulser idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG Welder Pulser idea

So Im not the best with doing timing on PLCs, but I wanted to add pulse ability to my TIG welder. Basically take the 0-5vdc that is controlled by the foot pedal and intercept it and pulse it. .5-50hz. Would be cool to do square and triangle wave too. What do you think? Can you help?

Thanks!

To make a discrete pulsing output:
    Take the incoming analog signal and scale it to a variable as .5 to 50.
    Divide 1 by the variable to get the frequency in ms.

Use a timer set to this time and turn on a discrete output and start a second timer .

Have the second timer time out at half the frequency value to get a square wave.
    When the second timer times out, turn off the discrete output.

May be useful to use a minimum and/or maximum pulse width on the second timer depending upon the welder.
    Also use immediate outputs for the discrete output for tighter timing control based on scan time.

Comment

Thank you! Just needed to get my mind going. Got another question, I will be using a 0-10v 205 output module. In the program itís not giving anything after the decimal point. Just want to make sure Iím getting not just 1v increments. The input mod shows zeros after the decimal.

Comment

Originally posted by trimixdiver1 View Post
        Thank you! Just needed to get my mind going. Got another question, I will be using a 0-10v 205 output module. In the program itís not giving anything after the decimal point. Just want to make sure Iím getting not just 1v increments. The input mod shows zeros after the decimal.
        post a pic of the math. maybe you are using an int-type datatype as a result or as an operator. just guessing

EDIT: I meant OPERAND, not OPERATOR above.
        Last edited by kewakl; 01-21-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

post a pic of the math. maybe you are using an int-type datatype as a result or as an operator. just guessing
          Here you go. Its all REAL.
          Attached Files

Comment

WY is an integer...and it appears that your input and output ranges are swapped in the scale instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post
              WY is an integer...and it appears that your input and output ranges are swapped in the scale instructions.
              The card is a 12bit 0-10v analog output, what address should i use for real?

Comment

The card is a 12bit 0-10v analog output, what address should i use for real?
                That's really not the right question, the module is what it is, and for 205 analog, it is usually 12 bit integer. So for the output, you will be scaling from an internal unit which may be real (like 0-10.0), to 0-4095. Your inputs and outputs are swapped in the scale boxes.

Comment

Iím an idiot! Wow, this is what having my first kid has done to my brain! Thanks

Comment

Iím an idiot! Wow, this is what having my first kid has done to my brain! Thanks
                    Congrats on the kid! And no worries, that's what we're here for.

Comment

Working...
                    X