Missing Connection!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Connection!

I'm getting a "Missing Connection!" error when I try to Accept edits to a rung. When I double click on the error, it takes me to the first contact on the rung (N.O. Y0). Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	113310

Actually, this is a reverse power flow error, which Do-more does not support.

If you can picture in the 3rd row, Y0 OFF (hence NC Y0 contact is ON), X14 ON, X33 ON, X23 ON. Then in the 2nd row Y10 being ON, then in the first row, X32 ON and X38 OFF (hence NC X38 is ON), you end up with power flowing BACKWARDs through Y10. Technically, it is impossible to generate the proper "tree" for this specific rung construct.

The vertical wire branch between row 3 and row 2 is causing this.

I would recommend splitting up the NO Y0 "branch" to its own rung to a C bit coil, similarly the NC Y0 "branch" to another rung to a different C bit coil, then just doing those 2 C bits as parallel contacts to OUT Y12.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Here is what you have simplified:

Click image for larger version

Name:	RPF1.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	113314

If C0 is OFF, C1 ON, C2 ON, C3 OFF, C4 ON, Y10 should be ON (from an electronic flow), with power flowing backwards through C2 to "energize" Y10. But it cannot resolve to an algebraic expression (which is how DL and Do-more generate their ladder instructions). The work-around is to split it up into 2 rungs, or do it in 1 rung but duplicate contacts in the 2nd (C4) row.
      There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Thanks, franji1. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
        X