Do - More to Protos PX-EIP1 comms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do - More to Protos PX-EIP1 comms?

I bought a PC-EIP1 by accident instead of my MODBUS TCP i usually get. How do I talk to it from Do More? MRX/MWX doesn't work. RX/WX does not seem to have recognizable attributes for the IO. I cannot find anything in the manuals on setting up communication. Any ideas? Thanks!

If it supports Ethernet/IP explicit messaging, you can use that. Being an I/O product, it may only support implicit though, and Do-more doesn't yet support it.

Comment

Look into the EIPMSG instruction. I don't know if the Protos X EIP supports explicit messaging or not, but implicit EIP isn't currently supported in the Do-more as far as I know.

I have used both Modbus TCP and Ethernet IP to talk to VFDs with the Do-more.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post
        If it supports Ethernet/IP explicit messaging, you can use that. Being an I/O product, it may only support implicit though, and Do-more doesn't yet support it.
        The word yet...

BobO, if Do-More gets implicit EIP (maybe with the ability to import EDS files) and longer tag names, I'll have no excuse not to move to that platform entirely (not that I have a great excuse now).

Comment

The productivity series of plcs support implicit messaging if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Frontier View Post

The word yet...

BobO, if Do-More gets implicit EIP (maybe with the ability to import EDS files) and longer tag names, I'll have no excuse not to move to that platform entirely (not that I have a great excuse now).
            Both will happen.

Comment

And I would assume you could return it and get what you meant to.

Comment

Working...
              X