Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Programming over a cellular modem connection?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming over a cellular modem connection?

Hello, I quoted a job that requires remote access to turn off and on pumps and send daily flow totals (along with alarms) via e-mail.

After several posts on this site, I have decided to go with the c-more panel for controlling the pumps (so I can use the remote communications via the internet) and a BRX plc (I will order it with an either net port) to handle the actual control, flow totals and the e-mails (I was told it is very easy to set up e-mails with this unit).

I will feed both the PLC and the c-more into a switch / router then into a cellular modem ... then the customer can access it via the internet.

One thing I didn't think of ... can I program the plc or the c-more over the internet connection?

The unit will be 800 miles away from me. Do I need to be on site each time they want to make a change or can I do this over the internet?

Thanks ..... Mike

Lot of variables to this. Simple answer; most likely yes. More complex answer; maybe, maybe not depending on latency, cell provider, data rate, etc, etc, etc. This usually boils down to try it and see.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

The only way that I know to program a Cmore over the Internet is with a VPN connection.

Comment

Mwdkmpr,

Can you please explain how you went about setting up this VPN connection? Does the vpn router needs a unique set-up at each customer site? By that I mean is can I have a common vpn router set up with each system shipped, but of course settings for each system will be unique prior to shipment.

thanks

Comment

Working...
        X